Management Business Solutions has been retained by Haworth to be a “value-add” partner to their recruitment for this position. As a solution-based staffing organization; we have aligned our processes to mirror our client’s talent strategies to identify, screen and recruit qualified candidates.
Social Spaces is an aggregation of a large assortment of ancillary products which are part of the Haworth Inc. portfolio of products. The Social Spaces Sales Specialist is an outside sales position with primary focus of developing new business leading to increased sales of Social Spaces products through network of Haworth dealers, Architecture and Design community, as well as end users in assigned territory. This position is expected to achieve annual sales objectives through education and strengthening relationships to drive specifications and Social Spaces product sales.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND RESULTS
- Consistently models Haworth vision and values in dealer, influencer and client engagements to acquire and expand market share for Social Spaces portfolio.
- Spends up to 70 percent of time out in assigned territory, meeting face-to-face with dealer customers, influencers, and end-users to build strategic relationships to drive specifications and sales.
- Develops business plan and local sales strategy to meet weekly, monthly and quarterly strategic sales objectives; plan includes identifying dealer and design firm education/training needs on ancillary products to influence expansion of Haworth specifications.
- Establishes trusted advisor relationships as subject matter/product expert. Educates dealer customers, A&D firms and end-user clients on ancillary products to influence and create Haworth product specifications.
- Educates dealer sales reps and Haworth sellers on product application, features and technical information to increase selling skills on product portfolio.
- Collaborates with Haworth sellers and dealer sales teams on specific project opportunities and target accounts for product application/specification/presentation to strategize on how to win with Social Spaces products.
- Partners with dealer customers to review ancillary product mix on past sales; identifies clients with whom to develop and expand Haworth social spaces products with.
- Works closely with A&D firms (junior, senior, and principal designers) to inform, educate, and influence specifications of social spaces portfolio.
- Facilitates presentations for prospective clients to create desire for Haworth.
- Prepares and proposes solutions to close business and create long-term business relationships.
- Acts as liaison between Haworth and dealers to make it easy to do business with Haworth.
- Continuously pushes self to raise personal standards of performance. Achieves and exceeds quota and product mix sales goals. Constantly evaluates performance gaps; develops action plan to close gaps to meet required Haworth performance expectations.
- Keeps abreast of latest trends in sales effectiveness and adopts new approaches as required to expand client base and increase revenue. Takes initiative to remain current on product knowledge and sales skills training; utilizes this knowledge/training to increase effectiveness as a trusted advisor.
- Effectively manages business plan to track and report activities and opportunities, including face-to-face meetings and project development, utilizing Customer Relationship Management (CRM) technology. Keeps CRM current by entering all opportunities and interactions into system to produce accurate dashboard and forecasting reports. Manages expense budget/timely expense reporting to adhere to established travel and entertainment guidelines.
- Performs additional responsibilities as requested to achieve business objectives.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, sales, marketing, liberal arts, design or equivalent (equivalent is defined as equivalent degree OR job-specific work experience OR combination of education and job-specific work experience; two years job-specific work experience equals one year of formal education – NOTE: job-specific work experience used for education equivalency cannot also be used for work experience qualification).