Ecological Project Manager - Review, Mentor, Develop - Columbus, OH - JOB 23-00539
Salary Range: $85K - $95K Permanent Position with Benefits.
A growing full service civil & environmental engineering consulting firm is seeking to hire an Ecological Project Manager to plan and manage projects for our Environmental & Ecological Client Service Group. Projects may include brownfield redevelopment, cessation of regulated operations, Clean Water Act permitting (Section 401/404), compliance and audit programs, due care plans, environmental assessments (EA/EIS), funding and implementation strategies, hydrogeologic investigations, Phase I and II site assessments, RCRA/CERCLA closures, remediation planning/design/oversight, solid waste and C&DD reuse regulation and permitting, UST closures, and wetland and stream assessments and delineations. This position will provide both technical and client management project leadership.
This position will review, mentor, develop and manage staff's performance to both projects and company's goals and expectations. Management activities may include participating in interviews and hiring decisions, training new staff, and performance management.
Travel is primarily local during the business day.
Must have a valid driver's license and possess a driving record that will enable the employee to be insurable under the Company's standard vehicle insurance and general comprehensive liability insurance without additional costs to the Company.
BENEFITS : Performance Bonuses, 401(k) retirement plan contributions, Profit Sharing Program, Medical/Dental/Health, Insurance, Paid vacation, holiday, and sick time, Tuition Assistance Program, Continuing Education opportunities, Employee and Teambuilding activities, Dog-friendly offices, Bike-share program, Community Impact - Volunteer opportunities, Referral Program
- Education: Bachelor's degree in Natural Sciences field (e.g. Ecology, Environmental Science, Environmental Studies, Biology) or related field.
- Experience: 10+ years of experience leading teams in various types of applied ecological field studies (wetland restoration, mussels, endangered species, natural resource management, and/or botany); Experience with the preparation and requirements of ASTM Phase I Environmental Site Assessments preferred. 5 years of Project Management experience.
- Supervisory Experience: 4+ years
- Technical Skills: Proficiency in MS Office and computer aided design and other industry-based software is required.
- Advanced communication and interpersonal skills.
- Analytical and creative thinking.
- Supervise associates directly or indirectly, provide ongoing direction specific to project tasks, budgets, schedules and deliverables.
- Review, mentor, develop and manage associate's performance of project goals and company expectations.
- Manage all activities for assigned projects including scheduling work, project budgets, directing associates and sub-consultant activities, establishing and monitoring quality requirements, ensuring client satisfaction, and promoting integration across all areas of work.
- Report project budget variances to Director, along with a plan to bring project back into compliance.
- Ensure project communication between team members and clients.
- Maintain ongoing communication with clients, regulatory agencies and other outside groups.
- Make formal presentations to clients, stakeholders, the public and regulatory agencies.
- Prepare proposals/ contracts, and determine project requirements, budget, deliverables and scope based upon client dialogue and project understanding.
- Identify potential funding sources.
- Identify project risks and monitor/mitigate risk throughout the project lifecycle.
- Support and implement associate programs that foster a positive work environment and help develop each associate to their fullest potential.
- Demonstrate a passion for client service and relationship building with clients, subcontractors, regulatory agencies, and teams within our organization.
- Build client relationships through project delivery that meets and exceeds client expectations.
LOCAL CANDIDATES PREFERRED
Candidates are required to pass a Criminal Background Check and a 10 Panel Drug Screen.
Only U.S. Citizens or persons with a Green Card work permit may apply.
Due to the large amount of resumes we expect to receive only the most qualified candidates will be contacted. We will retain all other resumes for any future job considerations.
Integrity Technical Services, Inc.
14 Whitehall Drive Suite 102
Akron, Ohio 44278
Toll Free: 1-888-262-3226
Akron: 330-633-6500 Cleveland: 440-257-3232
Website: www.integrityjobs.com (To view all of our open positions please visit our website)
Integrity Technical Services, Inc. does not charge a fee for finding anyone a job.
Integrity Technical Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.