Do you want to help us build the next generation of the world’s fastest networks that grow smarter, more agile, and more responsive every day? Join us on this fascinating journey!
Required Skills and Experience:
- Implement cross-platform base and middleware software and services on switches and routers
- Employ your expertise in modifying and developing device drivers
- Work closely with advanced hardware devices including multi-core embedded CPUs, packet processors, FPGAs, L2/L3 switch ASICs and Gigabit/10 Gigabit Ethernet PHYs and optics
- Employ your expertise in Linux Kernel, stack, and memory management to develop new networking products
- Participating in all stages of software development - requirements analysis, design and prototyping, implementation, testing, and eventually maintenance support
- Troubleshoot hardware and software and performance issues. Working closely with hardware, software, verification and system engineering teams to identify the root causes of issues
- Working with the team to investigate and collect information to resolve process, design and field issues found on current or previous designs
- Influence the software architecture, to improve resiliency, debuggability and maintainability
- 5+ years of broad experience in multiple aspects of embedded Linux
- Knowledge of the physical design and architecture of embedded Linux systems
- General Ethernet switching experience: Filters, Ingress Field Processor, MAC, PHY, Autoneg
- Comprehensive experience with the Linux kernel, device drivers, Universal I/O, Kernel Modules
- Practical experience with core dump analysis and profiling tools
- Comfortable in a lab environment and able to integrate software onto custom hardware
- Shell Programming in bash, and Python
- Software development expertise, particularly large-scale embedded software development in C/C++ and Object-oriented design, mostly working in hardcore C
- Strong problem-solving skills with the ability to troubleshoot and perform fault isolation and usage of source code debug tools
Note 1: You MUST be legally entitled to work in Canada (i.e., possess Canadian Citizenship, Permanent Residency or Valid Work Permit)
Note 2: High Tech Genesis Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Note 3: In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), HTG will provide accommodation accessible formats and communication supports for the interview process upon request.
Note 4: Please submit an MS Word version of your resume when applying for this position.