Roadway Design Engineer - NCDOT Projects, Micro Station and GeoPAK - Charlotte, NC - JOB 23-00535
Salary Range: Negotiable - Permanent Position with Benefits.
Note: At the current time this firm will not sponsor applicants for work visas.
A growing multi-discipline civil & structural engineering and consulting firm is seeking to hire a Roadway Design Engineer to immediately impact our firm as we seek innovative ways to serve our clients and grow our geographic presence in the Carolinas. You must exhibit a professiaonal attitude, visionary thinking, innovative ideas, analytical problem solving and a willingness to collaborate while having the ability to work independently. A strong existing professional network and experience with North Carolina Department of Transportation (NCDOT) projects will assist in meeting the job requirements as a client-facing subject matter expert.
- Bachelor's degree in civil engineering required
- P.E. license registered in North Carolina is required
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- 7 years' or more progressive engineering experience possessing a broad knowledge and experience in transportation and roadway design
- 5 years of project management experience is preferred
- Experience working on NCDOT design projects is required
- Micro Station and GEOPAK design software experience required
- Project management skills such as, schedule management, financial project management and excellent written and verbal communication skills required.
- Perform engineering design tasks for roadway projects from preliminary to final design
- Develop specifications, cost estimates, and prepare final bid packages
- Established working relationships and contact with client technical staff and project managers especially in NCDOT, local governments, and private clients (Engineer)
- Provide engineering design services for traditional design-bid-build projects and design-build transportation projects
- Mentor and assist junior engineers in developing final design plans, including but not limited to implementation and knowledge of cross sections, traffic control, drainage, and signing and pavement markings plans (Engineer)
- Coordinate design activities and meetings between design staff, subcontractors, and client managers
- Participate in project decisions regarding technical approaches, cost and scheduling performance
- Identify schedule and cost variances and develop and implement recommendations for corrective action
- Participate in project by completing tasks within schedule and budget with teams comprised of different disciplines
- Actively participate and serve in leadership position in transportation related organizations such as ASHE, ASCE, DBIA, etc.
Local candidates only please
Candidates are required to pass a Criminal Background Check and a 10 Panel Drug Screen.
Only U.S. Citizens or persons with a Green Card work permit may apply.
Due to the large amount of resumes we expect to receive only the most qualified candidates will be contacted. We will retain all other resumes for any future job considerations.
Integrity Technical Services, Inc.a
14 Whitehall Drive Suite 102
Akron, Ohio 44278
Toll Free: 1-888-262-3226
Akron: 330-633-6500 Cleveland: 440-257-3232
Website: www.integrityjobs.com (To view all of our open positions please visit our website)
Integrity Technical Services, Inc. does not charge a fee for finding anyone a job.
Integrity Technical Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.