Management Business Solutions is seeking a Manufacturing Operations Manager for its defense-industry client in Goleta, CA. The ideal candidate will be responsible for transitioning a post-R&D program into a manufacturing production program, including developing and managing process plans, manufacturing operations, timing, cost and quality. This position requires an active Secret security-level clearance.
- Lead and manage the transition of a large, complex, electro-mechanical assembly from developmental status into manufacturing production.
- Define, develop and transfer engineering and manufacturing tools, strategies and systems to optimize new product introduction, equipment efficiency, materials and labor.
- Develop, implement and communicate manufacturing plans and timing to both internal and external customers / partners.
- Successfully manage in a strong matrixed organization with cross-functional teams, while ensuring that goals and metrics for timing, cost budget, profitability, and capital utilization (for tooling and equipment) are met and surpassed.
- Coordinate new product and program introductions, develop high-level manufacturing strategies, and ensure that all documentation requirements are fully observed.
- Manage customer relationships, quality execution and team performance.
- An active Secret-level Security Clearance required. No visa candidates.
- Bachelor’s degree (BS / BA) required; advanced technical or business degree preferred.
- 8 years’ hands-on, relevant experience in development, production planning, implementation and deployment of complex systems.
- Experience with Microsoft Project / Critical Path Analysis and management; Earned Value Management Systems (EVMS); FARS; and DRARS.
- Strong customer and team leadership, listening skills, collaboration and execution.
- Ability to travel up to 40%.
MANAGEMENT BUSINESS SOLUTIONS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER