Under the direction and supervision of the Account Manager or Regional Director, the qualified person will, perform a variety of repairs, scheduled maintenance and incoming inspections on various medical devices. Training in a specialized modality such as Anesthesia is a plus. The candidate will also be responsible for associated data entry for all work and activities. The candidate must be able to work independently with minimal supervision and have a working knowledge of a wide variety medicial devices. The individual may be occasionally dispatched to satellite facilities belonging to the hospital and subject to minor travel.
RESPONSIBILITIES- ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Perform scheduled maintenance, safety inspections and repairs to varying types patient care equipment
- Follow safe practices relating to infection control, hazardous materials and mechanical loads and industry compliance standards
- Maintain tools and test equipment
- Enter work order data into the service database
- Report any device problems that may impact patient care or patient safety to the supervisor for corrective action
- Available after hours and weekends for scheduled on-call services
- Associates degree related to biomedical equipment technology, electronics, military training or equivalent with a minimum of five years experience as a BMET . Computer science skills and specaility training are a plus.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Minimum five years BMET experience. Computer science skills are a plus.
- Ability to read, write and speak English
- Possess strong communication skills
- Willingness to learn new tasks and to participate in various training sessions
- The person must be a legal resident of the US or a citizen and have a valid driver license in the state of their residency. If this application leads to a conditional offer of employment, you will be subject to an employment/criminal background check in accordance with any federal and/or state and/or local specific law.