Machine Operator - Package, Handle & Protect Finished Materials - Solon, OH - JOB 22-00703
Pay Range: $15.00 - $19.00/HR - Permanent Position with Benefits.
A metals fabricator company is seeking to hire a Machine Operator to help to sets up and operate slitting machine to produce material that meets customer specifications and dimensions according to work orders and / or blueprints. After extensive training and in time, this person should be able to run the machine independently.
Shift : 7:00am – 3:30pm (with opportunity for overtime when necessary)
Benefits : Medical insurance Dental insurance Basic and Voluntary life insurance Paid personal and vacation days Flexible spending account program Short and long term disability insurance Credit union membership 401k/profit sharing Work boot reimbursement. $1000 SIGN ON BONUS!
- High school diploma/GED minimum
- Tow motor driving experience. Fork lift Certification a plus.
- Basic computer skills a plus
- Mathematical aptitude. Must be able Ability to read measuring devices such as ruler, caliper, dial indicator, micrometer and scale to read a tape measure.
- Ability to perform a variety of tasks on a daily basis. Willingness to adapt to different production functions throughout the shop. Ability to read/understand specifications.
- Previous slitting experience and knowledge of metal and machinery preferred.
- Package, handle, and protect finished materials produced on machines.
- Assist other operators in the setup of machinery
- Inspect, calibrate, and check operator setup of machinery.
- Assist the operator to help operate and run machine that slits product to customer specifications and dimensions according to work orders.
- Load materials onto machine and adjust machine to match material loaded.
- Observe machine operations, control boards, and gauges to detect any defective material or any machine malfunctions.
- Responsible for detailed completion of work orders and production reports.
- Must always be mentally alert on the machine.
- Operator who is not alert runs a great risk of getting injured or injuring another employee.
- Training will include other duties on the production floor to help understand all positions and processes.
- Performs other duties and assignments as directed by management.
- Helps support the office and its ISO requirements and maintenance.
- Performs costing of orders and helps maintain inventory.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to
- successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit and climb or balance. Manual dexterity and ability to use all hand tools in order to set up and operate machinery. The employee must regularly lift and/or move objects up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move objects up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move objects that weigh more than 100 pounds (with assist).
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include;
- close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Requires
- special safety precautions such as working around moving parts, machines or with irritant chemicals. Employees are required to use protective clothing or gear.
- May work in an area that is very uncomfortable due to extreme temperature, noise levels or other conditions.
Candidates are required to pass a Criminal Background Check and a 10 Panel Drug Screen.
Only U.S. Citizens or persons with a Green Card work permit may apply.
Due to the large amount of resumes we expect to receive only the most qualified candidates will be contacted. We will retain all other resumes for any future job considerations.
Integrity Technical Services, Inc.
14 Whitehall Drive Suite 102
Akron, Ohio 44278
Toll Free: 1-888-262-3226
Akron: 330-633-6500 Cleveland: 440-257-3232
Website: www.integrityjobs.com (To view all of our open positions please visit our website)
Integrity Technical Services, Inc. does not charge a fee for finding anyone a job.
Integrity Technical Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.