Bridge Design Engineer - Structural, Concrete, Steel Beam, Retaining Walls - Charlotte, NC - JOB 22-00674
Salary Range: Negotiable - Permanent Position with Benefits.
A growing multi-discipline civil & structural engineering and consulting firm is seeking to hire a Bridge Design Engineer to immediately impact our firm as we seek innovative ways to serve our clients and grow our geographic presence in the Carolinas. You must exhibit a professional attitude, visionary thinking, innovative ideas, analytical problem solving and a willingness to collaborate while having the ability to work independently. A strong existing professional network and experience with North Carolina Department of Transportation (NCDOT) projects is preferred and will assist in meeting the job requirements as a client-facing subject matter expert.
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering (structural emphasis) required
- North Carolina P.E. license is a plus
SKILLS & EXPREINCE
- 5 to 10 years of bridge/culvert design experience
- NCDOT bridge design experience is required
- Relationships with NCDOT, NC municipalities and other DOTs
- Microsoft Office knowledge
- Hard working, organized, technically sound and works well in a group environment
- Design build and design-bid-build experience is required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required
- Thorough understanding of NCDOT guidelines, procedures, and plan preparation
- Ability to execute quality control procedures for structure design plans
- Thorough knowledge of AASHTO LRFD Bridge Design Specifications and Manual for Bridge Evaluation
- Ability to work with multi-disciplined and communicate with engineers from other disciplines
- Previous experience with Bentley MicroStation, Conspan, and other structural analysis software packages
- Work with the group on a variety of different bridge designs. Including steel beam, pre-stressed concrete beam, concrete slab, pedestrian bridges, culverts, retaining walls, grade separations, stream crossings, bridge rehabilitations, railroad bridges, and design-build pursuits, etc.
- Manage small bridge projects and help coordinate tasks
- Work as a structure/bridge designer on design projects in other state markets
- Mentor junior structure/bridge engineers and perform quality control for structure plan sets
- Write technical memorandums, specifications, feasibility studies, evaluations, and reports
Candidates are required to pass a Criminal Background Check and a 10 Panel Drug Screen.
Only U.S. Citizens or persons with a Green Card work permit may apply.
Due to the large amount of resumes we expect to receive only the most qualified candidates will be contacted. We will retain all other resumes for any future job considerations.
Integrity Technical Services, Inc.
14 Whitehall Drive Suite 102
Akron, Ohio 44278
Toll Free: 1-888-262-3226
Akron: 330-633-6500 Cleveland: 440-257-3232
Website: www.integrityjobs.com (To view all of our open positions please visit our website)
Integrity Technical Services, Inc. does not charge a fee for finding anyone a job.
Integrity Technical Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.