Asphalt Specialists, Inc., located in Pontiac, Michigan has an opening for a General Manager with experience in estimating constructions projects along with a general knowledge in the process of soil stabilization. ASI has been a South East Michigan based contractor for over 30 years and has been in the soil stabilization business for over 10 years. We are looking for an individual to take a leadership role in the growth of the soil stabilization division, primarily in southeastern Michigan. The soil stabilization market is in the early stages of growth and ASI wants to be able to take advantage of the opportunity.
Qualifications and experience:
- An individual who is dependable, honest, trustworthy and hardworking to represent the company values and culture.
- Person must be willing to relocate to Michigan
- BS/MS in Construction/Civil Engineering or similar experience plus.
- 5+ years’ experience as a General Manager and Estimator on heavy civil construction projects with extensive experience in Soil Stabilization.
- Experience with LKD (Lime kiln dust), CKD (Cement kiln dust) for stabilization, and FDR (Full Depth Reclamation) for stabilized base.
- Planning and coordinating the logistics by ordering, storing and transporting the materials when is needed.
- Participates in annual sales and gross-profit plans by implementing marketing strategies; analyzing trends and results.
- Maintains selling price by keeping current with supply and demand, changing trends, economic indicators, and competitors.
- Complete accurate takeoffs as it relates to asphalt paving, earthwork and utilities.
- Required to attend weekly sales meeting; ensure that all relevant material is discussed
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks;
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Create accurate unit price schedules.
- Follow up and obtain estimate bid tabs.
- Interpret and read project specifications and blueprints.
- Assist in the outside sales process when requested.
- Strong background in negotiation contracts and pricing.
- Skilled in the areas of math, budgeting, and financial analysis.
- Strong leadership skills who excels in teamwork, communication (written and oral), and interpersonal skills.
- Proficient in use of computer software programs like Microsoft Office, AGTEK, HCSS HeavyBid and HCSS HeavyJob.
- Develop and maintain good client relationships with owners, engineers, and architects for expanded or new market opportunities.
- Develop and maintain positive and trustworthy relationships with subcontractors, vendors and employees.
- Responsible for hiring, training and supervision of the personal needed to provide the service.
- Leads by example and sets the standard of performance for others to follow.
Job Type: Full-time