United States Steel Corporation is looking for a Shift Manager – Caster Maintenance that will be responsible for applying engineering principles, troubleshooting and problem-solving techniques to evaluate and make decisions that resolve operational conditions and improve reliability. Qualified candidates must be able to effectively engage teams and promote an environment of respect, communication, and collaboration through two-way communication and encouraging new ideas and different perspectives that drive individual, team, and company success.
- Administer the U. S. Steel safety program to ensure a safe work environment, including proper housekeeping.
- Directly supervise union employees and work closely with vendors and contactors.
- Interpret specifications, blueprints, and job orders to workers and assign duties accordingly.
- Coordinate, organize, and direct activities of maintenance crews.
- Assists workers in diagnosing malfunction in machinery and equipment.
- Develop and implement methods and procedures designed to eliminate maintenance problems and improve product quality.
- Devise and implement cost saving strategies.
• High school diploma or GED required.
• Minimum of 5 years work experience supervising crews in a manufacturing or industrial environment.
• Ability to work rotating shifts which will include extended workdays, weekends, and holidays.
• Preferred candidate will have experience supervising unionized employees or similar military leadership experience.
We invite you to learn more about this position and apply at:
U. S. Steel is a principled company committed to its core values of safety, diversity & inclusion, environmental stewardship, results focus & accountability. We focus on our customers, driving quality and ensuring cost effectiveness. We promote an environment of respect, transparency and collaboration – encouraging new ideas that drive innovation and our collective success. U. S. Steel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) according to job qualifications without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, genetics, sexual orientation, sex, gender identity, disability status or status as a protected Veteran or any other legally protected group status.