Utility Technician - Fire Protection work assignments include, but are not limited to, responding to fire/rescue/medical emergencies, safely operating fire apparatus and other equipment; inspecting and/or cleaning, servicing, testing, repairing, maintaining and installing firefighting equipment, fire control equipment, firefighting facilities, fire fighting vehicles and emergency medical equipment; rendering first aid to the sick and injured; demonstrating firefighting techniques; and conducting inspections for fire hazards.
- The job is within an industrial environment and you may be required to work within various mining and plant areas. Dependent upon the area you will work in, the environmental conditions can be hot, cold, dirty, greasy, wet, and noisy.
- The position requires you to work rotating shifts, which will include Saturdays and Sundays. The position also requires you to work overtime as needed.
- Additionally, safety is a core value and safety procedures/guidelines must be adhered to at all times. This includes, but is not limited to, wearing safety apparel such as hard hat, goggles, hearing protection, and protective clothing and work boots with metatarsal protection in addition to structural firefighting PPE including self-contained breathing apparatus.
- Successful candidates must have completed an approved Firefighter I & II program, must be currently certified as an Emergency First Responder.
- Successful candidates must obtain Minnesota Firefighter Licensure by completion of probationary period.
- Successful candidates must have the ability to demonstrate firefighting, rescue and emergency medical techniques, including the operation of firefighting equipment.
We invite you to learn more about this position and apply at:
U. S. Steel is a principled company committed to its core values of safety, diversity & inclusion, environmental stewardship, results focus & accountability. We focus on our customers, driving quality and ensuring cost effectiveness. We promote an environment of respect, transparency and collaboration – encouraging new ideas that drive innovation and our collective success. U. S. Steel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) according to job qualifications without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, genetics, sexual orientation, sex, gender identity, disability status or status as a protected Veteran or any other legally protected group status.