U. S. Steel has an immediate opening for a Process Manager – Maintenance. This position will use electrical and mechanical knowledge, predictive and preventative maintenance procedures that will support a time-based maintenance system to maximize efficiency of the plant equipment. The position will report to the Area Manager, and supervises and coordinates activities of workers engaged in setting up, installing, repairing and maintaining machinery and equipment to manufacture pipe by performing the following duties including but not limited to: Reasonable electrical and/or mechanical troubleshooting Reduce unit downtime, improve performance of facility and advance preventative maintenance.
- Assist workers in diagnosing malfunction in machinery and equipment
- Maintain the spare parts system Interpret company policies to workers and enforce safety regulations Interpret specifications, blueprints, and job orders to workers and assign duties accordingly
- Recommend measures to improve production methods, equipment performance and quality of product
- Confer with other supervisors to coordinate activities of individual departments
- Manage activities to stay within the forecasted budget Maintain payroll, spending, maintenance and other pertinent records
- Manage activities to meet departmental requirements and coordinate efforts with other areas/departments
- A minimum of a 2-year college or university program certificate relating to electrical maintenance; or three to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience managing in a manufacturing/production environment preferred Strong background in maintenance and computer skills required
- Experience working with bargaining unit / wage employees is desirable.
We invite you to learn more about this position and apply at:
U. S. Steel is a principled company committed to its core values of safety, diversity & inclusion, environmental stewardship, results focus & accountability. We focus on our customers, driving quality and ensuring cost effectiveness. We promote an environment of respect, transparency and collaboration – encouraging new ideas that drive innovation and our collective success. U. S. Steel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) according to job qualifications without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, genetics, sexual orientation, sex, gender identity, disability status or status as a protected Veteran or any other legally protected group status.