Contact:Global Channel Management, Inc.
Posted in: Orange County Science & Engineering Jobs
SCIENTIST III needs ocular therapeutics experience
SCIENTIST III requires:
- Masters or bachelor’s degree in biology or related field, plus relevant experience of one to three years.
- novel drug delivery systems or novel formulations for efficacy in translatable large animal models of retinal and optic nerve diseases with clinically-relevant endpoints
- ocular disease
- Familiarity with behavioral evaluation techniques
- Experience with large animal models as described above
- Experience collecting and interpreting behavioral data.
- Minimum proficiency with routine skills in the use of computers and commonly available graphics (e.g., Adobe Photoshop), spreadsheet (e.g., Microsoft Excel) and word processing (e.g., Microsoft Word), or presentation (e.g., PowerPoint) software.
- Basic ophthalmological proficiency (e.g., slit lamp biomicroscopy, ophthalmoscopy, OCT, refraction, retinoscopy, autofluorescence, fluorescence angiography, image interpretation, intraocular injections, tissue dissection, vitrectomy, lensectomy ophthalmic lasers).
SCIENTIST III duties:
- Use of ophthalmoscopic imaging technologies: E.g., digital fundus camera (conventional and high speed), gonioscope, specular microscope, refractometer, pupilometer, IOP tonometer, ocular fluorophotometer, conventional light and epifluorescence microscopes. Maintain 2 weeks minimum rolling schedule.
- Administration of routine anesthetic protocols and animal maintenance for non-terminal experiments.
- The Scientist will assist in developing plans and executing experiments. The individual in this role will provide summaries of research for internal review (e.g., data generation, analytics, and reports).
- conforms with and enforces safety regulations and maintains appropriate records; contributes to the overall safety and efficient operation of the laboratory.
- Scientist will work in an ocular therapeutics team to evaluate devices, novel drug delivery systems or novel formulations for efficacy in translatable large animal models of retinal and optic nerve diseases with clinically-relevant endpoints.
- Scientist also collaborates with peers in multi-discipline programs or project teams.
- generate testable hypotheses around research questions, develop a research plan, prepare animal use protocols, and be responsible for carrying out experiments of high complexity with minimal supervision. .