SECURITY GUARD (NOC 6541)
Job No: 3025113
Type: Full Time
Location : Saskatoon, SK
No. of Positions : 02
Salary : $ 17.75 per hour
About Mainstreet Equity Corp.
Mainstreet is a publicly traded and highly distinguished Property Management firm focused on the acquisition, redevelopment, repositioning, and management of boutique rental apartments. Mainstreet is proud to be setting a new standard in rental apartment living across our vast portfolio which stretches from Saskatchewan to British Columbia.
We are looking for qualified Security Guards for our properties in Saskatoon.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Patrol assigned area on foot, on bicycle, or in motor vehicle, as assigned, to ensure personal, building, and equipment security.
- Access Control for the facility/area.
- Patrolling inside and outside as required in the post orders.
- Ensure that the Facility’s Safety and Emergency Procedures are followed in response to Fire Alarms and other Site Emergencies.
- Watch for and report irregularities, such as security breaches, facility and safety hazards, and emergency situations; contact emergency responders, such as police, fire, and/or ambulance personnel, as required.
- Sustain effective relationships with key stakeholders and provide specialized security services according to client needs.
- Assist tenants with specific problems, such as safety concerns, illness or emergencies, etc..
- Protect the property and maintain a safe and welcoming environment.
- Enforce the property’s rules and regulations in a fair and responsible manner.
- Remain vigilant for signs of criminal and/or suspicious behaviour related to the property and initiate the appropriate steps to report/follow up as per operating guidelines.
- Remain prepared to respond to crime, disturbances, fire and emergency situations as per life safety training, fire/bomb threat evacuation procedures and/or operating guidelines.
- Assist clients by responding to crimes that have occurred and ensure appropriate law enforcement authorities are summoned.
- Report and follow up on hazards and/or deficiencies identified during the course of duty.
- Inspect fire equipment on a daily basis.
- Respond to medical emergencies and provide first aid, CPR or AED support as necessary until medical professionals arrive.
- Prepare written reports using the Company’s standard report-writing program.
- Deal with trespassers and unauthorized persons found on the property, in a fair and safe manner, by enforcing the Trespass to Property Act.
- Support of JH&S program to ensure occupational safety is prioritized and effectively practiced throughout all areas of property operations.
- To provide after-hours lock-up and morning open-ups.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the senior management.
- Minimum High school education/equivalence
- Valid Provincial Security Guard licence.
- Valid First Aid and CPR.
- Must be willing to stay on site.
- Meticulous Record Keeping, Report Writing, Observation skills.
- Having 1- 2 years of relevant security experience in a Residential Security Environment will be an asset.
- Ability to operate Security Control Centre equipment/systems, computers, radios, phones, including Blackberry.
- Must have full time availability to work all days of the week and schedules that consist of days, afternoons and overnight shifts.
- Mobile Candidates must be a minimum of 22 years of age and possess a valid driver’s license and produce a clean driver’s abstract.
- To be knowledgeable of building fire and disaster evacuation procedures.
- Demonstrate judgement, common sense and decision-making ability, particularly when required to take charge and direct others in emergencies or other incidents.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite to include Word, Power-point, Excel and Outlook will be an asset.
- Willing to go through background check, and Drug & Alcohol test.
- Medical benefits 100% paid by company.
- Residential benefits upto 50% of the rent after probationary period.
- Gas allowance depending upon the area of operations.
How to Apply
If you closely meet above requirements, we encourage you to submit your cover letter and resume quoting “Job No. 3025113” in the subject line or visit our website for more information at: www.mainst.biz Although we thank all applicants for applying, only those considered for further discussion will be contacted.
Mainstreet Equity Corporation
Corporate Head Office
305-10 Ave SE, Calgary, Alberta T2G 0W2
Tele: 403-215-6060, Fax: 403-266-8867
*Mainstreet Equity Corporation is an equal opportunity employer.