Beldon has an immediate opening for a Safety Director for the West Coast area in the Construction/Roofing industry.
The Safety Director plans, directs and implements organizational Safety & Fleet Programs to ensure a safe, healthy and accident-free work environment. Directs and coordinates operational activities of automotive equipment department.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following, but not limited to:
- Plans and implements Safety Policies and Procedures in compliance with company policies and procedures in addition to local, state, federal and OSHA rules and regulations.
· Plans and implements programs to train managers and employees in work site safety practices, fire prevention, and correct handling techniques for chemicals, toxins, equipment, and other materials.
· Coordinates and schedules New TEAM Member Safety Training.
· Coordinates and schedules New TEAM Member OSHA 10 & 30 Training.
· Ensures that employees assigned to specific tasks, have been properly trained for that task.
· Compiles and submits accident reports required by the company, and regulatory agencies.
- Reviews injury/illness and non-injury accident investigation reports and follows up as necessary.
· Coordinates and performs jobsite visits and inspections for safety compliance including hazard analyses, operator training, etc.
· Authorizes and arranges for purchase of supplies and parts related to Safety and Building Maintenance.
· Procures state required certificates of title and arranges for registrations and state & local inspections.
· Responsible for working with Sales and Production Departments for developing Job Hazard Analysis’s for projects.
- Promotes safety and health awareness through internal company memoranda, newsletters and specific training programs.
· Responsible for the upkeep of safety equipment.
· Responsible for the safekeeping of all safety equipment.
· Responsible for ensuring back-up generator is operational at all times.
· Responsible for scanning all job related safety correspondence into Laser Fiche system.
- Participates in new product/process reviews, including process hazard analyses, operator training, etc.
· Travel with overnight stay is required.
· Associate's degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or four years related experience and/or training.
· OSHA Training and Certification: 10, 30, and 500 in Construction and General Industry
· Commercial Driver's License (A or B). Crane Certification, Forklift Certification, CPR Certification, OSHA Certification, and NRCA’s CERTA Trainer Certification.
Further, any other related industry required certification
Beldon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.