Star Protection Agency CA (SPACA) | Star Protection Agency is looking for top talent.
SPACA's mission is to enhance life and safety of our various clients and properties, while providing a genuine opportunity for personal growth and career advancement for our employees. If you are looking to join a company that you can grow with, we invite you to apply by sending an email of interest (firstname.lastname@example.org). If there is a match with your qualification and our employment needs, you will be contacted by a member of our management team. This position is a working security officer.
Job Skills / Requirements Foot patrol (with the potential use of vehicles and or transportation of clients) of commercial premises to deter and detect signs of intrusion and ensure security of doors, windows, and gates.
- Answer or respond to alarms (on site) as dispatched and investigate related disturbances.
- Monitor and authorize entrance and departure of employees, visitors, and other persons to guard against theft and maintain security of premises.
- Write reports of daily activities and irregularities such as equipment or property damage, theft, presence of unauthorized persons, or unusual occurrences.
- Request dispatch of police or fire departments in cases of emergency, such as fire or presence of unauthorized persons (using radio and/or other communication device).
- Circulate among visitors, patrons, or employees to preserve order and protect property.
- Answer telephone calls to take messages, answer questions, and provide information during non-business hours or when switchboard is closed.
- Warn persons of rule infractions or violations, and apprehend or evict violators from premises, when necessary.
- Operate detecting devices ( i.e. metal detectors) to screen individuals and prevent passage of prohibited articles into restricted areas.
- A valid California Guard Card (preferred not required) or be qualified and have the ability to attain before assignment to post.
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent (will be verified)
- Basic verbal communication and writing skills
- Review of drivers license (for driving positions)
- Proof of legal right to work in the US
- LiveScan fingerprinting (where necessary)
- Employment background check
- Criminal background check
- Provision and checking of personal references
- Must be able to stand or walk for long periods of time (up to 8 hours)
- Bend, stretch, lift up to 25 lbs
- Be able to push with arms
- Be able put arms over head
- Be able to reach for objects and grasp with both hands
- Sit for long periods of time or drive
- Be able to twist body
- Be able to run or walk briskly for short periods of time or hurriedly respond
- Be able to move head/neck without impediment.