SOS Security has immediate job opening for Advanced- Unarmed Security Officers in Fairfax, VA.
Please note, SOS Security employees use their own firearms for armed positions. If needed, VA residents may take advantage of our weapon purchase program.
- Patrol premises regularly to maintain order and establish a presence, which may include
- exposure to inclement weather and unpredictable crisis situations
- Monitor and authorize entrance of vehicles or people in the property
- Secure all exits, doors, and windows after the end of operations
- Monitor surveillance cameras as needed to identify disruptions or unlawful acts
- Observe and report any inappropriate or illegal activities to the SOC and law enforcement when applicable.
- Assist people in need
- Submit reports of daily surveillance activity and important occurrences
- Provide “Security with a smile” to ensure security is friendly and approachable always
- DCJS Unarmed Security Officer Registration
- 21 years of age or older
- High School diploma or GED is required
- 2 years of experience in security, military or law enforcement is required
- Previous training in de-escalation tactics
- Knowledge or ability to learn legal guidelines for area security and public safety
- Demonstrate an above average ability of report writing and English communication
- Ability to communicate effectively with the public while maintaining poise and self-control under stress
- Excellent customer service and observation skills
- Tech-savvy with computer experience, surveillance systems or ability to learn
- Trained or able to take First Aid/Basic Life Support and self-defense training to include OC Spray
- Able to stand and/or walk for long periods and climb stairs and ladders for emergency purposes.
- Pass background to include polygraph and initial/ongoing drug testing
- Ability to pass a physical fitness assessment
- United States Citizenship is required at select sites
With or without reasonable accommodation, the physical and mental requirements of this job may include the following: seeing, hearing, speaking, and writing clearly.
Occasional reaching with hands and arms, stooping, kneeling, crouching and crawling, Frequent sitting, standing and walking, which may be required for long periods of time, and may involve climbing stairs and walking up inclines and on uneven terrain.
Additional physical requirements may include, frequent lifting and/or moving up to 10 pounds and occasional lifting and/or moving up to 25 pounds.
We offer Benefits for Full Time permanent employees!!
Paid holidays, Vacation/Paid Time Off, 401K, Medical, Dental, Life, Vision
*SOS Security will supply Uniforms*
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group.
SOS Security is Headquartered in Parsippany, New Jersey, with regional and branch offices throughout the United States; SOS Security has become the benchmark for quality and professionalism in the field of security since our founding in 1969. We offer a broad range of services, including: Armed and Unarmed Security; Management & Consulting; Investigations; and Executive Protection.
Secure your future today by joining the SOS Security team Experienced security professionals looking to apply their knowledge in a rewarding team environment truly find a home at SOS. You will become an integral part of the relationship between our firm and our clients.
License # 11-7958