Phone:708 932 3973 No Tex
City:Chicago: South Chicagoland, IL
Cell (708) 932-3973 No texting
Looking South of (55) W Lagrange Ave E Lansing Illinois visinity
Office Administration / Office Clerk / Stockroom / Inventory
Because my experience in solving problems, streamlining processes to make them run smoother, creating cost effective measures, and positive communication skills (both verbal and written) will be of great benefit to your organization.
While most of my 28 years of work experience has been with one chemical manufacturing company that is not a drawback. I began at the bottom doing laboring type tasks and by hard work and determination and constant on-the-job learning, I progressed through several departments and several different positions into an inventory position with even greater responsibilities and better pay. By knowing the product and functions of the company inside and out at all levels I was able to more effectively manage the areas under my control in my last position. I have a "can-do" attitude and thrive on improving conditions and procedures to eliminate waste, generate more profit, and maintain a safe work environment.
I began my career in production producing both dry and liquid finished products. Working with a batch sheet gather raw material, checking to make sure I had all the right chemicals and adjusting scales for accuracy in weight. Cutting bags, dumping fiber drums, shoveling chemicals on to scales before dumping into mixing equipment. Being a mixer machine operator I was responsible in adding caustic and oil in addition to other liquid and dry chemicals creating a finished product. I spent time as a packager in filling fifty pound bags, fiber and steel drums all sizes and weights. Labeling, rolling and throwing onto a pallet. Using various size scales to weigh finished product. Using a forklift truck to both get a raw material and put away finished product for shipping.
Both liquid & dry, I spent time as a packager in filling fifty pound bags, fiber and steel drums all sizes and weights. Labeling, rolling and throwing onto a pallet. Using various size scales to weigh finished product. Using a forklift truck to both get a raw material and put away finished product for shipping.
CDL Class A Yard work Only N*T Endorsement: Shipping & Receiving
During my career, I had the opportunity to work in Shipping & Receiving. This position required driving a fork lift truck and Spotter moving boxed trailers, tankers and flat beds from loading docks for loading and unloading. I have experience in unloading rail cars to bulk trailer using hoses, fittings, hot hose, pumps, gauges, pressuring both rail road cars and bulk trailer in loading or unloading, weighing at scales, doing paperwork, checking and putting on seals, opening and closing valves. Drovomg straight box & flat bed trucks req C license
Building, Grounds & Chemical Manufacturing Maintenance:
Responsible on call 24/7. Snow plowing, knowledgeable in hands and power tools. Working with a Mechanic, crew and some smaller repairs jobs solo. Electrical, plumbing, Instrumentation, Insulation, mechanical to name a really limited amount of responsibility.
Boiler Room repair & PM start 4 tubular Erie boilers, water samples, regenerate soft water and anion tanks. Change charts, update computers so many other tasks to mention.
Effluent Treatment (Waste water & Chemicals) filling multiple tanks from manufacturing sewerage take samples, treating and release to City.
Please contact me to set an interview time in order for us to discuss in greater depth how we can be of mutual benefit to each other. I am looking forward to talking with you.
Office Administration / Office Clerk / Stockroom / Inventory
Managing Maintenance Stockroom Inventory
Production / Mixer Machine Operator / Packager
Procurement / Counter Sales / Customer Service
Data entry / Researching / Multitask / Quoting / Inventory
Forklift experience / Shipping & Receiving
Loading & Unloading Box, Tankers & Rail Cars
Boiler Operator / Effluent Water Treatment
Building Maintenance & Outsourcing
Professional Career Summary
28 years experience of progressive responsibility with major chemical processing company. AA in Business Management. Demonstrated skills in procurements and control in multi million dollars of inventory, customer service, training, shipping and receiving. Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task and perform projects efficiently. Self-starter who communicates well with management, staff, suppliers and vendors. Basic computer skills include AS 400, SAP for A/R , A/P, Parts / Inventory, Fleetmaint 2000. MS Office: Word, Power Point, Outlook. Excel, working knowledge of Power Point, Internet and e-mail. Working knowledge of Windows 10
PROFESSIONAL WORK EXPERIENCE
Nalco Chemical Company. Bedford Park, IL (Accept early out package) 1973-2001
Real Estate (Sales Person) 2002–2012
Nu Way (Spotter Driver) 2011 - 2016
Pods (Parts Inventory) 2015 - 2017
• Administered multi million dollars of total company inventory.
• Responsible for Mail room
• Responsible for clerk’s office
• Interview Mechanics
• Work with Engineers
• Trainer of plant safety systems.
• Trained new employees in office procedures and practices.
• Fax, email, call vendors for quotes
• Responsible for entire inventory to name some pumps parts, electrical, safety supplies, mechanical seals, pipe fittings and motors
• Filed and stored documents using Excel spreadsheets.
• Prepared and shipped packages using UPS online software and equipment.
• Generated daily operation and reports in SAP.
• Implemented adjustments made in SAP to control net impact of items.
• Allocated funds according to budget constraints.
• Worked with vendors via phone and/or in person.
• Received and categorized packing slips and invoices.
• Handled priority orders and prepared product for shipping.
• Handled customer service issues for suppliers.
• Researched invoices and reports generated daily for cycle counts.
• Administered weekly cycle count and weekly check of all inventory and non-stock items to reorder.
• Sent parts and equipment out for repair for quick turnaround.
• Created queries for insufficient inventory due to delinquencies from vendors.
• Documented and categorized vendor codes for purchasing needs.
• Create work orders, handled parts, man hours, other tasks, close work orders
• Create preventative maintenance work orders ( PM)
• Create blanket work orders.
• Create reports for work orders both open and closed
• Multiple other tasks
• Power House (Boiler Room) 4- low pressure Erie tube boilers, water test, regenerate Anions, Water softeners, running generator in power outages many more responsibilities.
• Effluent treatment water testing, controlling chemicals adding caustic or acid to control Ph and other responsibilities before dumping to sewer.
Responsible for Clerks Office
• Work Orders
• PM work orders
• Other daily, weekly, bimonthly, monthly etc activities
AA Degree, Business Management
Moraine Valley Community College Palos Hills, IL 2001