A confident leader, a track record of proven success and an HR professional who performs best under challenging circumstances. Seeking a hands-on, Human Resources opportunity. Specific competencies in:
Policies & Procedures Training & Organizational Development Communications
Compensation & Benefits Employee-Management Relations Recruitment/Retention
Project Management Performance Management HRIS Systems
Belcan LLC, Enterprise IT-TSD (legacy The Kemtah Group, LLC, legacy BGS) July 2017 – August 2019
Human Resources Manager
Located in Albuquerque, NM, Belcan LLC, EIT (Legacy Kemtah Group, Legacy BGS) prospers in a technology-rich environment that includes Sandia National Labs, the Department of Energy, DOS, and DHS. Belcan LLC, EIT-TSD a division of Belcan (www.belcan.com) , is a scientific, engineering and operational support organization providing high-end technical solutions to mission critical challenges in the areas of Information Security, Science and Engineering, Testing & Evaluation and Data Analytics.
Provide day-to-day support to Management and Employees assigned to the Belcan LLC, EIT -West Business Unit; Staff count >350 both "cleared and not cleared” professionals in a variety of IT Technical support positions for government entities and a global shared service center in multi-states (OH, NM, CA).
- Restructured the HR Department (Albuquerque operations) enhancing efficiency and effectiveness
- Over a 1-year period, participated in the HRIS systems conversion from Paylocity to HR Connect, both in development and testing phase, payroll conversion from Paylocity to ADP Workforce Solutions; timekeeping conversion from WTE to Deltek T&E. Currently going through conversion of Deltek T/E to UNANET.
- On-hands training for Managers/Supervisors for the multi-site Sandia National Laboratories staff (CA and NM); Progressive Discipline, Employee Improvement Plans, Policies and Procedures for local and remote site staff.
- Enhanced New Hire Onboarding for staff in Albuquerque and multi-state operations, both in person and virtual orientations.; assisted with enhancing the onboarding experience by developing the Manager’s Toolbox, buddy system, IT advanced support notice etc.
- Work closely with Corporate Director of HR, Benefits and Payroll Team located in Lansdowne, VA
- Re-imaged the HR presence from “managing from behind a desk” to “being in the trenches”, hands-on support
Mid Atlantic Professionals Inc., DBA/SSI, Germantown, MD January 2016 – November 2016
Human Resources Consultant (Contractor) (Contract expired)
Operating in an SCA environment, with over 480 domestic and Int’l employees, SSI is an 8(m) economically disadvantaged woman owned small business (EDWOSB), providing cleared professionals and solutions for the Department of Defense, Department of State, Special Operations, and the Intelligence Community (FBI, CIA, Secret Service, DIA, DHS).
- HR Consultant to support HRIS Implementation; review current ATS for effectiveness
- Conduct HR Department audit / Company audit for compliance with DOL, EEOC, AAP, ACA etc.
- Review, assess HR Department staffing, workflow and functionality as relates to support of Operations, Accounting and field staff; review, assess policies and procedures for best practices.
Morris Executive Search (legacy CB Staffing Solutions, LLC), Damascus, MD April 2015 – March 2017
Talent Management Consultant (Contractor) (Relocation to NM)
Established in 2003, CB Staffing Solutions LLC is a full-service recruiting, search and staffing agency focused on providing a comprehensive and confidential service for scientific, technical, administrative and support professionals within the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries within the local DMV and nationwide search.
- Full scope recruitment of qualified candidates and placement for various biotech clients in the DC/MD/VA.
Accelovance Inc., & Optimal Research, Rockville, Maryland December 2014 – March 2015
Vice President, Human Resources (Business closed 3/31/2019)
Accelovance Inc. an award winning, niche contract research organization (CRO) focused in oncology, vaccines, and general medicine providing access to a full range of drug development knowledge and expertise. Optimal Research LLC, provides clinical site infrastructure and staffing to meet the requirements of the clinical trial protocols for men’s and women’s health, geriatrics, vaccines, oncology, and pediatric health conditions.
Dual role and a key member of the Executive Team, responsible for the strategic management, planning, development, implementation, direction, and evaluation of HR function and performance for 210 staff operating in 28 states, China and United Kingdom. Managed 2 HR staff.
Advanced BioScience Laboratories, Inc., Rockville, Maryland July 2008 – December 2014
Director, Human Resources
ABL provides contract manufacturing and laboratory research services to advance leading vaccines and therapies from clinical development to the commercial market, providing integrated product development services at the highest quality to advance client products from target discovery to IND.
Directed human resource activities of ABL, Fondation Merieux and Transgene Inc., in all areas of HR subject matter. Managed 1 HR Associate, 2 Administrative Facilities Support staff and 1 Health & Safety Officer. Total staff: 210 (France, Maryland, Massachusetts, California and DC)
- Reduced turnover from former annual levels of 67% in 2008 to less than 4% at end of 2013 by centralizing recruitment strategies; includes a reduction of recruitment expenses of over $200k in 2008 to less than $50k end of year 2013 with effective in-house recruitment & selection training.
- Recruited over 300 staff (executive, scientific, technical and support staff) transforming the workforce by upgrading management structure to meticulously match hires with position requirements thereby reducing turnover.
Birnbaum Interpreting Services (BIS), Silver Spring, Maryland August 2005 – October 2007
Director, Human Resources
American Industrial Hygiene Association (AIHA), Fairfax, Virginia November 2001 – May 2005 Director, Human Resources
U.S. ARMY, MSG/E-8, Retired, Senior Personnel Sergeant (a myriad of domestic and international assignments)
EDUCATION & TRAINING
Certified in Human Resources (CHR) Certification, AAPM/HRCI, July 2016
Human Resources Project Management (HRPM) Certification, AAPM/HRCI, May 2014
Bachelor of Arts, Business Management (English Minor), Park University, Kansas City, MO
Bachelor of Applied Arts & Sciences, Religion, Wayland Baptist University, Honolulu, HI
American Sign Language (120 hours) PGCC, Landover, MD,
PHR/SPHR Preparatory Course, 10 weeks, UMBC, Catonsville, MD,
Various operational, technical, strategic and tactical training seminars throughout US military career
Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) 1993 to present
American Academy of Project Management (AAPM) 2014 – present
Vice President, BOD, Renaissance Townhome Community Property 1/2019- present
Presidential Service Badge, Meritorious Service Medal (3), Joint Service Commendation Medal (2), Army Commendation Medal (3), Army Achievement Medal (2), Army Good Conduct Medal (6), National Defense Service Medal (2), Army Service Ribbon, Overseas Service Ribbon (2), NCO Professional Development Ribbon (3), Expert Marksmanship Badge for M-16A1 rifle, M-60 machine gun, Grenade and 9mm