Cloud Systems Architect will provide direct support to our client in the Woodlawn, MD area. As a strong IT professional who will be responsible for supporting and executing the cloud computing strategy for project/program by leveraging his/her technical expertise and full knowledge of cloud environment when selecting method, techniques, and evaluating applications and tools and making recommendation about the environment. As the Cloud Systems Architect, you will also collaborate with internal and external teams or work independently to develop technical solutions to complex problems while using AWS and/or Azure tools and services to design, implement, and administer systems in a hybrid cloud environment.
- Designs, plans, and integrates cloud computing and virtualization systems using infrastructure as code and modern cloud-native deployment techniques such as DevOps and/or DevSecOps.
- Develops and conducts testing of cloud and virtualization systems
- Develops automation scripts for efficient deployment and operations of cloud and virtualization systems
- Maintains technical expertise relevant to industry standards and best practices in cloud computing
- Evaluates and reports on new cloud and virtualization technologies to enhance capabilities of cloud- based and virtualized services
- May also provide systems engineering activities such as: Concept of Operations Formulation, Requirements Definition, Analysis and Engineering, System Architecting, System Analysis and Design, Interface and Data Architectures, Validation and Verification, System Integration, System & Op. Performance Analysis, Lifecycle Cost Analysis & Estimation, Decision Analysis and Physical Configuration Analysis (PCA).
- Ensures the logical and systematic conversion of product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints.
- BA/BS engineering or related IT, System Engineering, or STEM degree (or an additional 5 years of related experience in lieu of degree) 4 to 7 years of related experience system development in cloud environments
- Responsible for strategically designing and implementing enterprise infrastructure, platforms, and disaster recovery required for cloud computing. Analyzes system requirements and ensures that systems will be securely integrated with current applications
Additional Minimum Requirements:
- BA/BS engineering or related IT, System Engineering, or STEM degree (or an additional 5 years of related experience in lieu of degree)
- 5 - 7 years of experience in Systems Engineering, Administration or related
- 5+ years of experience in Cloud Environment Operations, Administration, and/or DevOps
- 5+ years of experience with cloud automation and scripting
- 4+ years of experience creating deployment scripts (e.g., Puppet, Chef, Ansible)
- 3+ years of experience with containers (e.g., Docker)
- Demonstrated experience in defining solution architecture for cloud-based systems, including experience with Amazon Web Service and Azure
- Demonstrated expertise using central console integration, common language, access control tools
- Demonstrated expertise customizing tools/applications for log aggregation, ingestion, and reporting
- Demonstrated experience knowledge of a multitude of programming languages including Python, PHP, Java, Node and Ruby on Rails
- Experience in designing the applications that will be migrated to the cloud
- Migrated the applications to the cloud
- Demonstrated ability and the knowledge to integrate services and tools to any and all areas to be used like networks and data processing
- Demonstrated ability and the knowledge to implement security information and event management to keep the company’s assets safe
- the responsibility of making sure that the requirements of all service-level agreements are met
- Experience drafting and maintaining technical documentation
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written)
- Enterprise Systems and IT Services knowledge
- Cloud Computing Services Certifications
- ServiceNow experience