Phone:708 932 3973 No Tex
City:Chicago: South Chicagoland, IL
Thomas J. Hynes
Lynwood, IL 60411
Cell (708) 932-3973
Dear Human Resources
Because my experience in solving problems, streamlining processes to make them run smoother, creating cost effective measures, and positive communication skills (both verbal and written) will be of great benefit to your organization.
While most of my 27 years of work experience has been with one chemical manufacturing company, which is not a drawback. I began at the bottom doing laboring type tasks and by hard work and determination and constant on-the-job learning, I progressed through several departments and several different positions into an inventory position in maintenance with even greater responsibilities and better pay. By knowing the product and functions of the company inside and out at all levels I was able to more effectively manage the areas under my control in my last position. I have a "can-do" attitude and thrive on improving conditions and procedures to eliminate waste, generate more profit, and maintain a safe work environment.
Please contact me to set an interview time in order for us to discuss in greater depth how we can be of mutual benefit to each other. I am looking forward to talking with you.
Thomas J. Hynes
Office Clerk / Stock Room (Stores) / Mail Room
Procurement / Customer Service / Inventory / Mail Room
Data entry / Researching / Multitask / Sales / Quoting / Order Entry / Counter Sales
Professional Career Summary
27 years experience of progressive responsibility with major chemical processing company. AA in Business Management. Demonstrated skills in procurements and control in excess of one million dollars of inventory, customer service, office administration, training, shipping and receiving. Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task and perform projects efficiently. Self-starter who communicates well with management, staff, suppliers and vendors. Computer skills with basic working knowledge include Oracle, AS 400, SAP for A/R and A/P, Proteus, JD Ed Wards, Lotus notes and MS Office: MS Word, Power Point, Outlook and Excel, Fleetmaint 2000, EDI, DBA, Internet, scanning parts to computer and e-mail.
PROFESSIONAL WORK EXPERIENCE
Nalco Chemical Company. Bedford Park, IL (Accept early out package) 1973-2001
Real Estate (Sales Person) 2002-2012
Nu Way (Spotter Driver) 2011-2016
Pods (Parts Inventory) 2015-2017
• Administered multi million dollars of total company inventory.
• Responsible for Mail room
• Responsible for clerk’s office
• Work with Engineers
• Trainer of plant safety systems.
• Trained new employees in office procedures and practices.
• Fax, email, call vendors for quotes
• Responsible for entire inventory to name some pumps parts, electrical, safety supplies, mechanical seals, pipe fittings and motors
• Filed and stored documents using Excel spreadsheets.
• Prepared and shipped packages using UPS online software and equipment.
• Generated daily operation and reports in SAP.
• Implemented adjustments made in SAP to control net impact of items.
• Allocated funds according to budget constraints.
• Worked with vendors via phone and/or in person.
• Received and categorized packing slips and invoices.
• Handled priority orders and prepared product for shipping.
• Handled customer service issues for suppliers.
• Researched invoices and reports generated daily for cycle counts.
• Administered weekly cycle count and weekly check of all inventory and non-stock items to reorder.
• Sent parts and equipment out for repair for quick turnaround.
• Created queries for insufficient inventory due to delinquencies from vendors.
• Documented and categorized vendor codes for purchasing needs.
• Create work orders, handled parts, man hours, other tasks, close work orders
• Create preventative maintenance work orders ( PM)
• Create blanket work orders.
• Create reports for work orders both open and closed
• Multiple other tasks
• Power House (Boiler Room) 4- low pressure Erie tube boilers, water test, regenerate Anions, Water softeners, running generator in power outages many more responsibilities.
• Effluent treatment water testing, controlling chemicals adding caustic or acid to control Ph and other responsibilities before dumping to sewer.
Responsible for Clerks Office
• Work Orders
• PM work orders
• Other daily, weekly, bimonthly, monthly etc activities
AA Degree, Business Management
Moraine Valley Community College Palos Hills, IL 2001