We are an Asphalt Company seeking a Paver Operator to join our team! This is an immediate hire position. Please see the following requirements below before applying.
Fulltime position operating a Paver Machine, when not operating Paver, may also operate other construction equipment and perform general labor tasks as required.
- Operate equipment safely and efficiently while adhering to all company and safety policy and procedure requirements. .
- Complete daily maintenance checks on equipment before use.
- Follow directions from supervisors onsite
- Distribute, breakdown, compress and give finished surface to cooling asphalt.
- Determine speed and direction of machine based on knowledge of compress ability of material under changing temperature.
- Clean and maintain paver to ensure smooth operations when in use.
- Maintain clean work are by disposing of trash and debris properly
- Report mechanical problems to a supervisor and or heavy equipment superintendent or shop manager for follow up and repair.
- Assist in the placement, moving and dismantling of signs, barricades, cones and other traffic control devices.
- Engage in manual labor work when needed
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Thorough knowledge in the proper use of paving machine and related materials and supplies used in heavy construction work.
- Thorough knowledge of applicable safety precautions.
- Ability to work under general supervision according to work schedule.
- Ability to meet attendance schedule with dependability and consistency.
- Good communication skills to coordinate workflow with other crew members.
- Must be able to lift, push, pull or carry objects.
- Good Manual dexterity (Hand, hand with arm, two hands) and multi-limb coordination.
- Regularly works near moving mechanical parts and in outside conditions that include inclement weather, heat and humidity, and exposure to dust and asphalt.
- Noise level is generally loud
Required Education, Training and Experience:
- Must have at least 1 - 2 years’ previous experience operating a Paver (depending upon level of operator)
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED) strongly preferred.
- OSHA 10 Certification is preferred.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $19.00 - $23.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- Machine Operator: 1 year (Preferred)
- Hazmat (Preferred)
Typical start time:
Typical end time: