Talascend is seeking an Injection Molding Technician for a contract opportunity in Columbia, PA. This position is in the manufacturing industry and is a contract position.
The Technician will be required to work on the 1st shift and will perform all operations pertaining to the machining of rubber gaskets. As well as the following:
- Perform production set ups of the rubber injection molding equipment. This includes loading tooling into press, adjusting press to operating perimeters, and running qualification parts.
- Required to troubleshoot and resolve daily production issues including machine failure, tooling issues, materials, operation methods, etc. MUST be able to diagnose failure and correct.
- Actively participate in scrap reduction and process evaluation and root cause analysis.
- Must be able to set up and operate Desma molding machines as required.
- Must be able to trim and mark gaskets with appropriate color indicating the gasket type.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience as a set up Technician in the rubber field setting up gasket presses or similar rubber molding.
- Outstanding organizational skills
- Ability to work with others at a cross-functional level.
- MUST be a self-starter, able to work on projects with minimal supervision
- Ability to effectively communicate in oral and written form to present info to other co-workers.
- Strong Mechanical aptitude, basic measuring tools, and hands-on capabilities
- Experience troubleshooting rubber molding issues!