Armstrong Flooring, Inc. has an opportunity for an Inside Sales Representative to be located in Toronto, Canada. The Inside Sales Representative will have the opportunity to develop strategic selling skills by building diverse, collaborative relationships with customers and sales managers across Canada. Additionally, the Inside Sales Representative will be responsible for supporting the territory through lead generation, creation of quality specifications and solution selling while maintaining high levels of customer satisfaction. The Inside Sales Representative will also assist the team with promotions and events to include new product launches, retail competitive price shops and processing Homerwood premium hardwood direct customer purchase orders.
Key Responsibilities of the Inside Sales Representative:
- Developing and enhancing processes to track business
- Working with Field Sales Team to qualify potential projects and track key information
- Identifying win or loss status of jobs through customer interactions
- Proactively reviewing specifications to assure they are Armstrong “friendly” and meet agreements of contracts
- Participating in national and regional sales campaigns as a selling team
- Traveling to assigned territory to meet key target customers and discus sales opportunities
- Leading job tracking meetings and follow up with distributors
- Acting as a technical resource for accounts
- Receiving operational guidance and reporting to the Inside Sales Manager
- Learn AFI product portfolio and be able to lead customers through on sight design center
- Manage Homerwood customer purchase orders and invoicing through SAP processing
- Receive orders for Homerwood products
- Set up custom item numbers in SAP system
- Coordinate costing and pricing of orders with Homerwood team
- Create 3rd party PO order in SAP
- Track and manage shipment communication with Homerwood and customer.
Required Qualifications for the Entry Level Inside Sales Representative:
- Bachelor’s Degree from a four year college or university
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to work independently and within a team to manage multiple priorities
- Leadership abilities demonstrated through involvement in student organizations and/or community service
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite applications
- Co-op or internship experience and a willingness to relocate
Desired Qualifications for the Entry Level Inside Sales Representative:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Architecture, or Construction Management
- Previous sales experience
- Experience in SAP and CRM systems
Why Armstrong Flooring?
With a heritage that began more than 150 years ago, Armstrong Flooring, Inc. is a global leader in the design and manufacture of flooring products with a focus on innovation, design, and environmental sustainability. Based in Lancaster PA, Armstrong Flooring serves both the residential and commercial markets.
- Standard benefit package offerings: Medical, dental, prescription drugs, life insurance
- Competitive 401(k) with company match
- Long term disability coverage
- Vacation and sick time
- Product discount programs.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Armstrong Flooring is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disabled/Vets.
Notice to Staffing Agencies, Placement Services, and Professional Recruiters
Armstrong Flooring, Inc. has an internal Staffing Department. Recruiters are hereby specifically directed NOT to contact Armstrong Flooring employees directly in an attempt to present candidates.
Armstrong Flooring will not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate. Any unsolicited resumes sent to Armstrong Flooring, including unsolicited resumes sent to an Armstrong Flooring mailing address, fax machine or email address, directly to Armstrong Flooring employees, or to Armstrong Flooring’s resume database will be considered Armstrong Flooring property. Armstrong Flooring will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume. Armstrong Flooring will consider any candidate for whom a Recruiter has submitted an unsolicited resume to have been referred by the Recruiter free of any charges or fees.
Armstrong Flooring partners with Scout for all direct hire search firm activity.
Armstrong Flooring has a partnership with Scout for all of our direct hire search firm activity and as such, all inquiries and resumes must be submitted through Scout. Scout is an easy to use recruitment marketplance intergrated within Bullhorn, PCRecruiter or accessible via Scout Connect. Accordingly, we respectfully ask agencies not to solicit our business managers or Talent Acquisition team directly and to reach out to Scout at www.goscoutgo.com/searchfirmreferral.