AVG's Anti-Virus and Internet Security line follows on the heel of last year's highly-ranked security suite by not merely incorporating some minor but key tweaks to both its front-end and back-end, but a stronger push toward personal data management and privacy utilities that help prevent uninvited access to your files. Though many threats still exist, security programs as they stand now start to encompass areas of privacy utilities.
AVG Protection includes the following Zen-enabled software for UNLIMITED personal devices, all easily managed from a single dashboard:
- AVG AntiVirus for Windows: Essential malware and spyware protection for Windows PCs or tablets.
- AntiVirus FREE for Android: The first antivirus app to reach 100 million downloads on Google Play. Also includes Anti-Theft so you can remotely find, lock, or wipe your phone or tablet if it's ever lost or stolen.
- AntiVirus for Mac: Real-time malware protection and triple protection against Mac, PC, and Android threats.
Before you step ahead to install the software, confirm that you meet these conditions: Welcome to activate AVG at avg.com/retail
- If you have an older version of AVG antivirus on your System, either update it or reinstall it from the official website.
- In case you have another antivirus, Uninstall it before downloading and installing AVG as it might cause software conflicts and even affect computer's performance. Go to control panel/ settings to uninstall other antiviruses.
- Make sure your computer has enough space to install the antivirus.
- Before you purchase AVG antivirus, it is essential to check for system specification as you need to know which version of any Operating system supports a certain version of the antivirus.
- If you already have been using AVG antivirus, you simply need an upgrade and reactivate it.
- If you justify all the terms, you are ready to move forward to secure your device by downloading, installing and activating the antivirus.
Step by step process: How to download & install the AVG antivirus on your device - Welcome to activate AVG at avg.com/retail
Step 1: You need to visit AVG official website www.avg.com/retail to get the link from which the software can be downloaded by clicking on the Download/Install option.
2: Once the software is downloaded, open the location where your download folder is saved. Click on the downloaded file and start the installation process.
Step 3: Some instructions will be displayed on your screen, follow them.
4: Open the page where you saved the AVG activation code or you can go directly avg.com/retail to open activation page once the download completes.
Step 5: Then you will automatically get your license number on your registered e-mail address.
Step 6: Until wait for the successful installation process and then again restart your computer.
If the AVG antivirus product has already installed on your computer then now you only need to activate or reactivate the AVG product, Follow the below instructions to activate/ reactivate the AVG products:
Steps for AVG antivirus activation on your computer - Welcome to activate AVG at avg.com/retail
Step 1: On your desktop you can see the AVG icon. If it is available there, double click on the AVG icon. If you don’t find it there, then check the notification section on your desktop task bar (its placement is the bottom-right corner of the computer desktop.
Step 2: Now a Window will open up with Activate or Reactivate option on your screen. According to the requirement, select anyone option.
Step 3: If you doesn’t get any option in the menu section, it means you might have opened the AVG Zen window. In this case, click to the Protection file to go directly to the main AVG file.
Step 4: Now type your License Number on the required place which you had received on your registered email id at the time of AVG product purchase.
Step 5: To complete it, click on the ‘Activation’ button.