Column Technical Services is seeking for a well-versed Desktop Level II Support Specialist with strong emphasis using virtual desktop technology to join a stable organization with a dynamic team and strong leadership in Chicago. If you are seeking a career path, you are encouraged to apply!
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintenance and upgrades to existing software and hardware.
- Installation, configuration and customization of new software and hardware.
- Assist end-users in utilizing advanced software features.
- Provide Phone/Email support for calls from the helpdesk.
- Planning, coordinating, and scheduling of events with all involved.
- Providing training and knowledge transfer as required.
- Other activities and duties as assigned.
- Commitment to understanding and fulfilling the needs of the Technical Support customer base.
- Willing and able to follow written and verbal instructions, adhere to company and department policies.
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers, vendors, and other Technical Support staff.
- Capable of managing time to be most productive; meeting commitments; and handling project management.
- Technical knowledge of personal computer hardware and software, as well as peripherals such as printers and VoIP phones
- Ability to adapt and contribute as a team member in an ever-changing environment.
- Ability to work on feet, reach and bend, lift, and carry 50 pounds, and use equipment to lift or carry anything over 50 pounds.
- Must have 3-5 years experience working with Windows 10, VDI (VMWare Horizon Client), O365 and Terminal Server Environment.
- Experience in Jabber, ServiceNow, vSphere / View Administrator, AirWatch Workspace 1 / Boxer, LANDesk, Zoom, WebEx, Adobe and LANfax is a plus, as well as knowledge of Microsoft Edge and Google Chrome.
- Must be familiar with networked HP Printers, Canon Copiers, and Xerox printers/copiers.
- Must be able to understand and utilize advanced features of Microsoft 2016 Word, Excel, Access, and Outlook.
- Networking equipment knowledge is a plus (cabling, tracing, etc.)
- Must be able to apply software knowledge to solve business problems and transfer knowledge to end-users for on-going use.
- Must be comfortable working with users in a fast paced one on one environment.
- Must be able and willing to document problem resolutions and implemented technical solutions within our chosen ticketing system, as well as creating technical documentation for end users and IT department reference.
Specific Skills and Preferences:
- Must have a sound understanding of who the technical support customers are, and a willingness to meet their technical needs.
- Must be a team player and be able to communicate with customers and other technicians both onsite and offsite via verbal, written and telephone communications.
- Must be responsive and sympathetic to end-user needs and priorities.
- Must be motivated to provide quality, long-term solutions to end-user problems.
- Must be patient in problem-solving situations.
- Excellent telephone and verbal communication skills are a must.
- Written communications to concisely document and convey:
- Problem symptoms, causes and resolutions.
- Procedures, manuals, and user guides.
- Requirements and analysis of end-user needs and possible solutions.
- Ability to coordinate technical resources, both internal and external, to resolve user problems.