Provides technical support on computer devices including hardware, software and networks used throughout the Sweetser organization.
• Installs and performs major repairs to hardware, software, and peripheral equipment, following design or installation specifications; confers with Support Technician III on complex installations and/or issues. Contacts vendors for warranty support.
• Document all support issues in Ticketing system. Escalate critical open issues to ensure that the delivery of care to Clients is not compromised.
• Establish initial user profiles and logins, IP addresses and remove disabled user accounts.
• Create/Update computer Images for deployment.
• Provide computer/phone training on an ad-hoc basis on such applications to current employees.
• Setup/Maintain Print Server appliances.
• Troubleshoot network connectivity issues.
• Create patch cables.
• Patch equipment in network switches.
• Utilize Network Monitoring software to identify and report network issues.
• Provide on-site support and training for office changes/moves.
• Associate’s degree in Computer Science or relevant field preferred.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
• Valid driver’s license.
• One (1) year as Support Tech I or equivalent experience required.
• Two (2) to three (3) years of experience implementing and/or supporting software applications and hardware; healthcare environment required.
• Installation and technical support experience with Microsoft Windows 2000 and Microsoft Office applications required.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
• Excellent customer service skills.
• Strong ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing with all levels of Sweetser; this includes communicating technical issues to non-technical personnel as communicating with clinical and administrative staff.
• Strong ability to analyze and solve technical problems.
• Ability to manage and complete multiple tasks concurrently.
• Ability to read and understand technical documentation.
• Understand subnet division.