As an IT Support Engineer you'll help our clients setup and manage their environments running the software as a service offering or an on premise installation.
You will play an integral role in deploying client upgrades and managing internal development environments and infrastructure: analyzing, troubleshooting and resolving system issues as well as configuring, optimizing, fine-tuning and monitoring system software and servers. You will also be expected to help identify and implement automation solutions and tools around environment and software deployment management.
You’ll have the opportunity for rapid growth within a fast growing, high-tech, oil and gas software provider. No two days are the same - you'll never stop learning and growing. You'll have the autonomy to make important decisions while receiving support and guidance along the way. You bring your intelligence, creativity and curiosity; we'll teach you the rest.
You will enjoy working in a flexible environment where mutual respect is a key ingredient. The team is supportive, very talented and is always encouraged to communicate ideas with the executive team.
• Bachelor's degree (computer science, software engineering, computer & information systems)
• Self-motivated with sound academic background and strong Computer Science foundation
• Eligible to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
• Well-developed oral and written communication skills
• Effective problem-solving skills; intellectually curious about issues and how to resolve
• Pro-active work approach; ability to take “ownership”
• Some experience with administration and support of (both physical and virtual):
o Linux (RedHat, Ubuntu)
o Windows Server
o Microsoft SQL Server
o Web Servers and Web Applications
• Knowledge of systems hardware, software and network technologies
• Comfortable working in command line interface
• A drive to continue learning, specifically about the energy business and the software
• Good inter-personal skills, with a strong commitment to top customer service
• Some travel may be required
• Experience with oil and gas revenue accounting, gas processing, crude/gas/NGL transportation, or related fields
• Shell scripting or programming