Our Client is hiring a seasoned Software Development Engineer in Test, or Automation QA Engineer, who is passionate about delivering a high quality product at a fast pace. You are enthusiastic about software quality, and can interact directly with product owners and delivery team members to plan, scope, schedule and implement testing activities. You have very strong communication, collaboration and analytical skills and an ability to work as part of an Agile team. You will be part of a small, high performance team and will have the opportunity to excel and grow your career while helping grow our testing efforts and ensuring quality of the releases. In this role, you will have the opportunity for greenfield work that is critical to the future of the company, helping to implement modern data persistence technology and data processing pipelines.
THE FUN STUFF
• Own test strategy and execution for one or more feature areas, working closely with the cross-functional team to ensure that we meet our quality objectives
• Design complex IT configurations to test product capabilities in simulated production-like environments
• Perform and participate in all aspects of manual and automated test verifications. This includes feature and functional testing, load, performance, and regression testing
• Perform root cause analysis for bugs and work with the development team to resolve them
• Work collaboratively as part of a scrum team to deliver great software and promote an overall culture of quality
• Identify and execute on opportunities to improve our processes to facilitate increased test coverage
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE
• 7+ years of combined software development, QA and test automation experience.
• 5+ years hands-on experience as an SDET or Automation QA Engineer defining test strategy, test design patterns, and executing tests with varied complexity for commercial SaaS products.
• Proficiency using Python to write automated tests
• Understanding of PHP, Python and/or Golang from the standpoint of applying automation tests.
• API and RESTful architecture test automation experience.
• Experience in automation and testing of AWS managed services
• Experience working in a Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) model including Github and CI pipeline automation tools.
• Intellectual curiosity and a willingness for continual learning. e.g. we mostly use Python today; we may move to other languages in the future.
• Comfortable working asynchronously on a distributed team.
• Proactively collaborates with other teams/team members across time zones.
Python, Amazon Web Services, PHP, Data Lake