Contact:Global Channel Management, Inc.
Posted in: Hartford IT Jobs
Sr. IT Project Manager Consultant needs 4-6 years of professional PM experience. (Actual END to END PM experience)
Sr. IT Project Manager Consultant requires:
- Project Management Experience - large size projects with enterprise impact
- Strong experience managing budgets in excess of 1M. Must be able to track actuals vs forecasted, resource forecasting, planning, financial management
- PPM tool - preferably Clarity
- Proficiency with MS Project, MS Word, Excel, Visio, and PowerPoint
- Strong communications skills, Relationship building, Ability to manage matrix teams
- Agile Methodology PM Experience a plus
\Sr. IT Project Manager Consultant duties:
- Manage initiative bankable plan details – tracking of monthly actuals vs plan, tracking of progress towards savings, ensure no double counting among like initiatives
- Maintain milestone plans for each initiative
- Problem solve with Initiative Owners, as needed
- Help Initiative Owners prioritize work in order to meet L4 dates
- Support in solving dependencies, roadblocks in the implementation
- Work with Initiative Owners to ensure wave is maintained and updated
- Aligned directly to larger initiatives to drive with the Initiative Owners at a detailed level, while maintaining oversight on the lighter touch initiatives
- Escalate issues impacting progress or savings target to workstream leader as required
- Manages multiple projects with multiple dependencies and integration points; projects have higher level of scope complexity.
- Performs cost/benefit analysis of actions and initiatives; determines project costs and controls/ensures delivery on time and within budgetary guidelines.
- Develops, clarifies, and manages scope of project; achieves planned outcomes and targeted return on invested resources.
- Assembles project team, identifies needed resources, assigns responsibilities, and develops time-frames to facilitate successful completion of project activities and deliverables
- Mentors and coaches project management staff
- Advises on solutions to dealing with issues and risks; provides peer review to project deliverables.
- Works to develop in-depth knowledge of project management components, including Project Management Software (such as MS Project).