Orchid Orthopedic Solutions is a worldwide leader of orthopedic medical device outsourcing, providing contract design and manufacturing services to the medical device market. We have the broadest portfolio in the industry, including design and development casting, forging, machining, finishing, coating and packaging capabilities. Specializing in joint reconstruction, spine, trauma, extremities and dental markets, we are a strategic sourcing partner that can handle an entire project or provide services at a single point in the process.
With 13 world-class facilities and approximately 2,000 team members located around the globe, Orchid provides an opportunity for people to live a better life by enabling them to be active longer through our products and services. That is why we do what we do at Orchid! A longer active life is our purpose.
Additional information on the company can be found at www.orchid-ortho.com.
SUMMARY OF POSITION
The Intern, Accounting & Finance, will assist the team in all accounting and finance matters. This position will gain broad experience in finance and accounting and should be prepared to enter a fast-paced work environment.
The Intern, Accounting & Finance reports to the Sr. Manager, Financial Reporting, Orchid U.S. and is a part of the finance & accounting team located in our Bridgeport, MI facility.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
• Create account receivables & accounts payable invoices
• Maintains and updates financial, vendor and customer records
• Calculating variances in financial records to maintain accuracy
• Handling sensitive or confidential information with honesty and integrity
• Will learn how to work as part of a financial team to compile and analyze data, track information, and support the company and customers
• Takes on additional tasks or projects to learn more about accounting and office operations
• Support quality and compliance by complying with all Quality Management Systems (QMS) documentation requirements.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Knowledge of finance and accounting practices, financial analysis, and reporting; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations
• Knowledge of and ability to use Microsoft Excel Spreadsheet Software
• Knowledge of office administration activities; ability to carry out ongoing office administration tasks effectively and efficiently in support of the team.
• Ability to apply logic and reasoning to solve problems, including identifying strengths/weaknesses, locating alternative solutions and conclusions, and approaches to problems; and making high-quality, timely decisions
• Applicants must be currently enrolled and working towards a degree in either Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration and have completed relevant coursework already in the areas of accounting and/or finance.
ABOUT OUR VALUES AND LEADERSHIP COMPETENCIES
As a member of our team, leading from our values is foundational.
Integrity First: We Do the Right Thing
Teamwork: We Are All Connected
Relentless Pursuit: We Are Driven & Curious
• Candidates offered employment must submit to a pre-employment background check and pre-employment drug test
• Candidates must be able to provide proof of eligibility to work in the United States through eVerify
Disclaimer: This Job Description is only a summary of the typical functions of the job, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible responsibilities, tasks, and duties, and does not limit the assignment of additional duties for this position.