Orchid Orthopedic Solutions is a worldwide leader of orthopedic medical device outsourcing, providing contract design and manufacturing services to the medical device market. We have the broadest portfolio in the industry, including design and development casting, forging, machining, finishing, coating and packaging capabilities. Specializing in joint reconstruction, spine, trauma, extremities and dental markets, we are a strategic sourcing partner that can handle an entire project or provide services at a single point in the process.
With 13 world-class facilities and approximately 2,000 team members located around the globe, Orchid provides an opportunity for people to live a better life by enabling them to be active longer through our products and services. That is why we do what we do at Orchid! A longer active life is our purpose.
Additional information on the company can be found at www.orchid-ortho.com.
SUMMARY OF POSITION
The Commodity Manager, Orchid is responsible for managing the strategic activities of the assigned commodities for Orchid. Drive improvement around purchase order governance. Identify and execute savings initiatives. Develop sourcing strategies to facilitate the accomplishment of company goals. Develop, implement, and maintain supplier performance initiatives to improve supplier support of Operations. Primary ownership and responsibility for the identification, final selection, and qualification of suppliers, on time delivery issues, and total cost performance. The position will be organizational expert on various commodities, and provide mentoring/training to all site organizations.
The Commodity Manager, Orchid reports to the Director, Strategic Sourcing and Commodity Management, Orchid.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
• Develop and implement an Orchid commodity strategy for assigned commodities
• Lead the improvement and maintenance of purchase order governance
• Identify, select, and qualify suppliers required to meet required business needs
• Manage current key supplier relationships with primary ownership for driving performance improvements in the areas of cost, delivery, lead time
• Supplier Performance – drive KPIs, on-time delivery improvements, QA, and scrap
• Annual 4-8% cost savings initiatives across IP sites
• Negotiating and administering Supply Agreements/Contracts
• Rationalization/Consolidation of Supply Base
• Supplier inventory reduction, manage VMI and consignment
• Manage areas of Compliance: Conflict minerals, EU REACH, RoHS, and EU MDR regulations
• Expert on market forecasting for raw materials, and for assigned commodity groups
• Provide annual material guidance organization
• Domestic travel to Orchid sites and suppliers is required (20%)
• Support quality and compliance by complying with all Quality Management Systems (QMS) documentation requirements.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Must be able to positively influence other functional areas to ensure process and policies are adhered to
• Demonstrates strong leadership ability, vision, and innovative thinking
• Supplier Negotiations & Cost Reduction
• Commodity Strategy Development
• Computer Skills: MS Office
• Strategical and tactical sourcing experience
• E-sourcing experience
• Contract writing, supplier qualification
• Ability to apply logic and reasoning to solve problems, including identifying strengths/weaknesses, locating alternative solutions and conclusions, and approaches to problems; and making high-quality, timely decisions
• 10+ years’ experience in supply chain, purchasing, or sourcing, preferably in the area of commodities assigned.
Education and Certification
• BA/BS Degree in business or related field, required; Masters Degree, preferred.
• Professional Certifications: C.P.M., C.P.I.M., preferred.
ABOUT OUR VALUES AND LEADERSHIP COMPETENCIES
As a member of our team, leading from our values is foundational.
Integrity First: We Do the Right Thing
Teamwork: We Are All Connected
Relentless Pursuit: We Are Driven & Curious
• Candidates offered employment must submit to a pre-employment background check and pre-employment drug test
• Candidates must be able to provide proof of eligibility to work in the United States through eVerify
The most important outcomes to drive in the next 1-2 years are:
• Implement improved policy and procedure around purchase order governance.
• Deliver 4-8% annual savings of total purchase spend, Cap Ex reductions, and PPV.
• Drive supplier performance improvements in the areas of, on time delivery, lead time, cost, and scrap.
• Develop/Implement sourcing strategies for assigned commodities to meet Orchid goals.
• Negotiate contracts with suppliers.
Disclaimer: This Job Description is only a summary of the typical functions of the job, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible responsibilities, tasks, and duties, and does not limit the assignment of additional duties for this position.