Orchid Orthopedic Solutions is a worldwide leader in design and manufacturing for the orthopedic and medical device markets, including joint reconstruction, spine, trauma, sports medicine, extremities and dental. The company is able to do this by compressing time to market, providing new technologies and being the best total supply-chain value. Orchid provides expertise in design and development, quality and regulatory support, implant manufacture, advanced machining, plastics technology, instrument manufacturing, implant coatings, surface treatments, and packaging services. With 14 world-class facilities located around the globe, Orchid continues to provide others an opportunity to live a better life through the products, services and the way the company conducts business. Orchid employs approximately 2,000 people in five countries – US, UK, Switzerland, China and India.
Additional information on the company can be found at www.orchid-ortho.com.
SUMMARY OF POSITION
The Custodian keeps the interior buildings in a clean and orderly condition, performing daily routine activities such as ventilation filter changes, common area cleaning, office cleaning and garbage disposal.
The Custodian reports to the Manager, Maintenance & Facilities, Orchid Bridgeport.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
• Clean building floors by sweeping, mopping, scrubbing, or vacuuming them.
• Gather and empty trash from all areas.
• Clean windows, glass partitions, and mirrors, using soapy water or other cleaners, sponges, and squeegees.
• Ability to climb ladders in the process of performing minor tasks.
• Remove and replace certain ventilation filters in the facility.
• Service, clean and supply restroom, lobby, conference room, board room, kitchens & all office areas.
• Dust furniture and walls.
• Clean and polish furniture and fixtures.
• Support quality and compliance by utilizing One Orchid global processes and complying with all Quality Management Systems (QMS) documentation requirements and establishing/supporting plan(s) to meet/exceed Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for Quality that support Safety, Compliance, Six Sigma Quality, On-Time Delivery (OTD) and financial objectives.
• Perform other duties as required or directed by management.
• 6 months to 1 year of prior related experience
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Trunk Strength - The ability to use your abdominal and lower back muscles to support part of the body repeatedly or continuously over time without 'giving out' or fatiguing.
• Manual Dexterity - The ability to quickly move your hand, your hand together with your arm, or your two hands to grasp, manipulate, or assemble objects.
• Ability to read and understand documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals, with minimal mechanical aptitude.
• Ability to apply logic and reasoning to solve problems, including identifying strengths/weaknesses, locating alternative solutions and conclusions, and approaches to problems; and making high-quality, timely decisions
EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATION
• High school diploma or equivalent
ABOUT OUR VALUES AND LEADERSHIP COMPETENCIES
As a member of our team, leading from our values is foundational.
Integrity First: We Do the Right Thing Teamwork: We Are All Connected Relentless Pursuit: We Are Driven & Curious
• Requires occasional sitting with frequent walking and/or standing.
• Requires frequent use of hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls.
• Requires frequent use of arms and hands to reach and grab.
• Requires frequent lifting and/or moving up to 10 pounds.
• Requires occasional lifting and/or moving up to 50 pounds.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus
• Requires regular and recurrent attendance.
• Candidates offered employment must submit to a pre-employment background check and pre- employment drug test
• Candidates must be able to provide proof of eligibility to work in the United States through eVerify
Disclaimer: This Job Description is only a summary of the typical functions of the job, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible responsibilities, tasks, and duties, and does not limit the assignment of additional duties for this position.