Orchid Orthopedic Solutions is a worldwide leader of orthopedic medical device outsourcing, providing contract design and manufacturing services to the medical device market. We have the broadest portfolio in the industry, including design and development casting, forging, machining, finishing, coating and packaging capabilities. Specializing in joint reconstruction, spine, trauma, extremities and dental markets, we are a strategic sourcing partner that can handle an entire project or provide services at a single point in the process.
With 13 world-class facilities and approximately 2,000 team members located around the globe, Orchid provides an opportunity for people to live a better life by enabling them to be active longer through our products and services. That is why we do what we do at Orchid! A longer active life is our purpose.
Additional information on the company can be found at www.orchid-ortho.com.
SUMMARY OF POSITION
The Senior Project Manager, Information Technology manages IT projects and implementations for all Orchid Sites to ensure that all objectives of the projects are achieved.
He/she reports directly to the Senior Program Manager, Regional US and works closely with the
Director of IT.
Domestic travel is required.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
• Direct project team(s) to meet objectives of projects that are moderate to complex in scope, risk, and/or span, or multiple small to moderate projects
• Organizes and guides project operations including defining requirements, establishing project team, implementation, testing, and project closure using Orchid project management methodologies and tools.
• Actively manages the development and preparation of business cases, cost/benefit analysis, and project budgets
• Identifies and negotiates schedules, milestones, and resources required to meet project objectives; prioritizes project tasks based on capacity, due dates and critical paths
• Ensures clear scope and manages scope change, communication, issues and risks to meet project objectives
• Maintains and monitors key project deliverables; evaluates and reports progress in terms of quality, financial, and performance metrics to relevant stakeholders and committees
• Understands the roles and responsibilities of all project team members; coordinates problem resolution and provides direction, leadership and training to project team participants
• Generally has high demands for managerial duties and responsibilities
• Provides performance feedback to the manager of each project team participant
• Acts as the customer’s point of contact and facilitates communication between the customer and the project team to ensure complete customer satisfaction
• Support quality and compliance by complying with all Quality Management Systems (QMS) documentation requirements.
• 1-3 years of experience in project leadership on multiple moderate to complex IT software/ERP projects
• 3-5 years of experience in a manufacturing environment preferred
• Previous experience in Project Management in a related field (1-3 years preferred)
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Ability to apply logic and reasoning to solve problems, including identifying strengths/weaknesses, locating alternative solutions, and making high-quality, timely decisions.
• Ability to create detailed project plans including cost, schedule, and resource requirements using Microsoft Project.
• Ability to coordinate the necessary resources for managing efficient and effective projects with minimal management oversight.
• Ability to communicate with diverse audiences using appropriate methods and technical language including presenting to audiences of 5-10 people and communicating with customers.
• Ability to manage multiple concurrent objectives and respond to shifting priorities.
• Ability to develop strategies for resolving issues related to competing priorities.
• Ability to evaluate linkages and interrelationships when prioritizing work and to develop contingency plans.
• Ability to develop trusting business relationships and provide valued perspectives.
• Ability to utilize methods and processes to facilitate resolution of a disagreement/argument/opposing views, etc.
• Ability to develop effective working relationships with a wide range of individuals/teams across various issues, locations, and time zones.
• Ability to manage Requests for Proposals.
• Ability to interpret technical documents.
• Knowledge of orthopedics materials and manufacturing methods a plus.
EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATION
• Bachelor's Degree required in Business, Engineering, or related field
• PMP Certification preferred
ABOUT OUR VALUES AND LEADERSHIP COMPETENCIES
As a member of our team, leading from our values and leadership competencies is foundational.
Integrity First: We Do the Right Thing Teamwork: We Are All Connected Relentless Pursuit: We Are Driven & Curious
Disclaimer: This Job Description is only a summary of the typical functions of the job, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible responsibilities, tasks, and duties, and does not limit the assignment of additional duties for this position.