City:New York, NY
Posted in: New York City: Brooklyn IT Jobs
Cisco Certified Network Associate Job Description
A Cisco Certified Network Associate must have expertise in specific fields. CCNA certification focusses on key knowledge areas and skill sets that are part of the assessment. The professionals can:
- Have good knowledge about different network topologies that interact to form a secure IT network.
- Can describe the working of computer networks and their interactions with networked devices.
- Must be able to verify, configure and troubleshoot VLAN and inter-switch communications.
- Should execute IP addressing scheme and IP services to meet specific network requirements.
- A proper understanding of routing and router operations on Cisco devices will make it easier to resolve issues.
- Must be prepared with the countermeasures in case of any network security threats.
- Implement all the appropriate tasks for wireless local area network (WLAN) administration.
- Should take care of setting up WAN links and connect them with Wide Area Network (WAN).
- The CCNA Engineer can implement Network Address Translation (NAT) and Access Control Lists (ACLs) in office networks to enable private systems that use unregistered IP addresses to connect to the internet for additional security.