Location: Huntsville, AL (Remote)
FLSA Classification: Exempt - Salaried
Employment Class: Full -time Regular
1Prospect Technologies, LLC is actively recruiting for a qualified Software Developer who works with design and development of system enhancements, code, test and perform user acceptance. Minor and major enhancements to support ongoing iterations and bug fixes.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- As part of development team, Code assigned work in timely manner using the standards for programming in this environment.
- Code: Application programming languages shall include C# (Visual Studio) and C++(Embarcadero C++ Builder). Developers shall be familiar with basic and advanced concepts in C++ and Microsoft dotNET, as well as mobile platform development tools (e.g. couch, Pouch, MySQL, xamarin, etc.).
- Participate in requirements gathering; Specify and review requirements
- Provide documentation of programming
- Participate in System Design Review, System Test, Integration Test, System Acceptance Test, User Acceptance Test, and Implementation
- Must be able to develop Technical documentation for operational sustainment
- Participate in all phases of software development phases using Agile framework.
- Manage workloads, workflows, demand, and capacity management
- Provide input into the production of monthly status report
- A strong familiarity with concurrency, threading, and asynchronous programming shall be required. Developers shall be familiar with collections,
- Ensure all disseminated new applications and tools have been tested and are free of malicious code (e.g. virus, worm, etc.) prior to being deployed.
- Support testing and deploying non-production versions of the application or any relevant resources
- Keep abreast of new technologies and be able to adapt and make recommendation based on best practices.
- Major Enhancements
- B.S. or B.A. degree or equivalent in Computer Science / Engineering or related field
- Possess five (5) to seven (7) years of software development
- Must be able to obtain/maintain SECRET Clearance
- CompTIA Security + Certification (Must possess/obtain required certifications per DoD 8570.1M)
- Three (3) years support of the Federal Government contract
- One (1) year working with Agile projects
- Awareness of Governance methodologies commonly governing DoD organizations
- Experience with database environments including Oracle Databases
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Knowledgeable of ITIL Incident Management
- Knowledgeable of DoD audit readiness requirements and RMF
- Ability to work towards Professional Computing Environment certification
- Familiar with the ATO process
- Possess knowledge in implementing computer systems in a phased approach of requirements analysis and conceptual design, site survey, system design review, critical design review, installation, integration, and testing.
- Capable of performing configuration management, integrating software, interpreting software test results, and recommending solutions in support of user community
- Knowledgeable of lifecycle support, including maintenance, administration and management.
Working Conditions/Environment and Physical Demands:
- Hours of operation are generally M-F between 0630-1730.
- Must prioritize work hours during the core hours of 0900 – 1500.
- Occasionally, project requirements may require temporary adjustment of work hours/days
- Travel may be required infrequently.
- Duties are subject to change based on the needs of the government customer
1Prospect Technologies, LLC is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability or any other protected class.