Enterprise software company, has an immediate opening for a Software Architect.
Company product lines built on top of the Microsoft technologies. They develop commercial enterprise accounting applications for browser-based and client/server deployments.
Responsibilities: In this role, you will report to and work closely with the CTO on defining development environment, frameworks, base classes and technical specifications for the packaged software solutions that the company develops and distributes. These responsibilities will include
• participate in defining the company’s technology roadmap to provide product and service offering for on premise, cloud and hybrid deployments.
• define technologies and tools around Microsoft-centric stack, including Azure and Office 365, to maintain and improve competitiveness of the offerings.
• extend existing and introduce new frameworks and patterns for use with the applications to improve stability and consistency of applications
• coach development staff on new techniques and tools
• work with the Quality Assurance, Product Marketing, and Support departments to identify areas of the applications and development process that can be improved
• author technical specifications based on functional requirements
Our Ideal Candidate:
• Has served as a technical lead or an architect in a software development company
• Has broad understanding of modern technologies and framework with hands-on experience with Microsoft technology stack
• Produces high-quality work with minimal supervision
• Is comfortable managing multiple tasks concurrently and initiating communication with other departments for follow up information
• Has a good business acumen to work comfortably with functional requirements and use cases.
• Is capable of conducting code reviews and communicate constructive feedback both to developers and other managers
• Experience with development for the Microsoft SharePoint platform
• Experience developing enterprise software applications a plus
• Experience with accounting and/or financial systems a plus