Professional Transportation, Inc., a division of United Companies, is hiring two Software Engineer I positions for our IT – Application Development team at our Evansville, Indiana corporate headquarters location. These full-time salaried and exempt positions are responsible for working independently and with a team of developers to develop and implement business applications supporting various divisions within United Companies. This includes working with analysts to develop technical specifications to provide enhancements, support current applications, and new development to existing applications, while adhering to United Companies’ standards and guidelines.
Job Responsibilities Include:
- Follow the complete Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) process, including participating in the following stages: requirements, analysis, design, coding, testing, documentation, implementation and maintenance.
- Write and review portions of detailed specifications for the development of system components of simple to moderate complexity.
- Fully document all changes, new development and processes. Assist in maintaining departmental standard operating procedures (SOPs) and maintenance operation protocols (MOPs).
- Interface with technical and non-technical personnel and/or team members to finalize requirements.
- Provide feedback on technical tasks of simple to moderate complexity.
- Develop basic to intermediate designs.
- Code proficiently in the required language(s).
- Contribute to design, code and test reviews.
- Perform unit testing based upon test plans generated and report results and recommendations to the project leader(s).
- Develop and execute performance, integration and test plans.
- Perform support functions in validation cycle as required (i.e., test monitoring, debugging, problem resolutions, etc.).
- Provide meaningful feedback for schedule development on specific code segment and deliver a quality code deliverable as scheduled.
- Travel as business needs may require.
- Perform other appropriate duties as may be assigned by management.
Education, Experience, & Skills:
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Math or a related technical discipline is minimally required.
- Experience: 3-5 years of experience with proficient knowledge and understanding of the full lifecycle development process, including design, development, testing and implementation of simple to moderate complexity systems.
This does not necessarily list all responsibilities, duties, requirements or efforts associated with the job. While this list is intended to be an accurate reflection of the job, the company reserves the right to review and modify the functions, duties and requirements of the job or to require that additional or different tasks be performed as circumstances or business needs require.