Why Wrench for Waste Management?
STABILITY. GREAT PAY. ADVANCEMENT.
***1st Shift - 5am - 1:30pm***
Why should you apply? We invest in you!
• Industry-leading health insurance
• 3 Weeks Paid Time Off
• 401k + Company Match
• 100% Paid Tuition, Books & Fees for 135+ education programs
• Discounted Stock Option
• $1,000 Yearly tool allowance + $500 boot allowance
• Uniforms, safety vests and protective eye wear provided
• Non flat-rate shops
• An opportunity to work with an empowering workforce and career advancement
About the Job
Our Mechanics are trained to provide superior maintenance on both diesel equipment and on our growing fleet of CNG trucks. As a Senior Diesel Mechanic / Lead Mechanic, you'll perform preventive maintenance inspection (PMI), troubleshoot, repair, and rebuild major components on vehicles and equipment. You’ll work independently on equipment that requires a high level of skill with hydraulics, electrical, and diagnostics.
What Does It Take to Be a Senior Diesel Mechanic?
Below are the minimum qualifications to be a fit for this job.
• Four (4) years of relevant work experience.
• A desire to have a career path leading to a management position would be ideal
• Skill in operating tools, special purpose equipment, parts and procedures utilized during the repair and servicing of vehicles and equipment
• Effectively communicate needed repairs or tasks
• Ability to diagnose defects in and repair a variety of equipment and vehicles
• Ability to utilize fleet maintenance software program
• Knowledge of Total Tire Maintenance Program may be required.
• Must be at least 18 years of age
• Valid driver’s license and must have a clean driving record.
• Legally eligible to work in the United States.
• Ability to perform physical requirements of the position with or without reasonable accommodations.
What's the Shop Like?
This shop is modern, clean, and organized! This shop participates in a mounted wheel program and focuses on delivering a high rate of efficiency. Our mechanics achieve this high level of efficiency due to the collaborative environment they’ve created that focuses on sharing best practices. If you're looking for a great team environment, this is it.
What You'll Do
To be successful as a Senior Diesel Mechanic, you'll be expected to perform the following tasks:
• Maintain a clean, safe work area in compliance with Corporate/OSHA Standards, and performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures.
• Perform preventive maintenance inspections and effectively repair of any problems identified during an inspection.
• Perform proficient inspection, diagnosis and moderately complex repair of assigned vehicles and equipment.
• Provide assistance, guidance and direction to other maintenance personnel.
• Use vehicle computer electronics systems to interpret failure modes to initiate or assign repairs.
• Estimate time and material costs on repairs and requisitions new parts.
• Advise supervisor immediately if additional work is needed or if repairs cannot be completed within the Standard Repair Times (SRTs).
• Inspect the quality of outside/supplier repairs and or rebuilds. Assesses structural damage and assigns needed repairs utilizing the most appropriate method(s).
• Perform service calls for emergency breakdowns.
• Conduct safety checks on vehicles. Performs maintenance related work as required.
• As a senior mechanic you'll, at times, supervise maintenance duties in the absence of your manager.
Work Environment / Physical Demands
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
• Required to use motor coordination with finger dexterity (such as keyboarding, machine operation, etc.) most of the work day
• You'll handle objects less than 30 pounds most of the work day
• You'll be in a physical environment which involves dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes or similar elements often
About our Benefits
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
Please apply now on the site below, or call 877.220.5627, to speak with a Waste Management recruiter today!
Equal Opportunity Employer Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran