Geotech Drilling Services Ltd. is looking for full time Construction Driller at 5052 Hartway Drive, Prince George, BC, V2K 5B7. There are 7 positions available.
Main duties are as follows but not limited to:
- Document and complete pre-job meetings prior to starting any work at the beginning of each shift.
- Supervise Driller Assistant and their drill crew to ensure compliance with Health and Safety requirements.
- Drive and operate tracked or truck-mounted rotary drilling, air-track or other drilling machines to bore holes to specified depths at staked positions on brown field sites, green field sites, open pit mines and construction sites.
- Monitor instruments such as pressure gauges, feed or weight indicators as well as observe the volume, color and consistency of the returns from the hole.
- Employ various sampling techniques according to project and client requirements.
- Handle drill rods, core tubes and core samples.
- Feel and listen for unusual sounds or vibration while drilling to recognise what is happening and adjust the procedures accordingly.
- Mix and maintain drill muds.
- Operate tracked or truck-mounted drill equipped with auger or other attachment to drill holes for building foundations or pilings
- Have experience with various geotechnical drilling and coring methodologies.
- Have mechanical ability to troubleshoot and repair small equipment.
Hours of work are an average of 42 hours per week. Workdays are up to 12 hours per day with overtime paid as per BC Labour Standards. Pay is $33.46/hour. Successful candidates must be able to communicate in English and have completed secondary school. Minimum work experience is 3 years of experience operating a hydraulic drill rig.
Please send resumes via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.