Why Wrench for Waste Management?
STABILITY. GREAT PAY. ADVANCEMENT
Why should you apply? We invest in you!
• Great Pay
• Per diem and mileage reimbursement
• Industry-leading health insurance
• Yearly tool & boot allowance, uniforms, safety vests and protective eye wear
• 3 Weeks Paid Time Off
• Professional training
• Non flat-rate shops
• 401(K) + company match
• 100% Tuition paid for you and your family
• Employee Stock Purchase Program
• Employee Discount programs
• An opportunity to work with an empowering workforce and career advancement
**This position will cover multiple sites including. Must be flexible with travel and shift times**
About the Job
The Area Relief Technician is a part of our market area support force - which may require weekly travel. You're a key part of our area strategy if sites are down a few technicians or need additional support. As an Area Relief Diesel Technician, you'll perform preventive maintenance inspection (PMI), troubleshoot, repair, and rebuild major components on vehicles and equipment. You’ll work independently on equipment that requires a high level of skill with hydraulics, electrical, and diagnostics. Prolonged stays in any part of our service area are a reality and requires you to have the ability and willingness to travel.
What Does It Take to Be an Area Relief Diesel Technician?
Below are the minimum qualifications to be a fit for this job.
• Four years previous experience.
• Skill in operating tools, equipment, parts, and procedures utilized during the repair and servicing of vehicles and equipment
• Skill in repair of special purpose equipment
• Ability to effectively communicate needed repairs or tasks
• Ability to diagnose defects in and repair a variety of equipment and vehicles
• Ability to utilize fleet maintenance software program
• Knowledge of Total Tire Maintenance Program may be required
• Must be at least 18 years of age
• Legally eligible to work in the United States.
• Valid driver’s license and must have a clean driving record.
• Ability to perform physical requirements of the position with or without reasonable accommodations.
What You’ll Do
To be successful as an Area Relief Diesel Technician, you'll be expected to perform the following tasks:
• Maintain a clean, safe work area in compliance with Corporate/OSHA Standards, and performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures.
• Perform preventive maintenance inspections and effectively repair of any problems identified during an inspection.
• Perform proficient inspection, diagnosis and moderately complex repair of assigned vehicles and equipment.
• Provide assistance, guidance and direction to other maintenance personnel.
• Use vehicle computer electronics systems to interpret failure modes to initiate or assign repairs.
• Estimate time and material costs on repairs and requisitions new parts.
• Advise supervisor immediately if additional work is needed or if repairs cannot be completed within the Standard Repair Times (SRTs).
• Inspect the quality of outside/supplier repairs and or rebuilds. Assesses structural damage and assigns needed repairs utilizing the most appropriate method(s).
• Perform service calls for emergency breakdowns.
• Conduct safety checks on vehicles. Performs maintenance related work as required.
Work Environment Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
• Required to use motor coordination with finger dexterity (such as keyboarding, machine operation, etc.) most of the work day
• You'll handle objects less than 30 pounds most of the day
• You'll be in a physical environment which involves dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes or similar elements often
About our Benefits
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
Please apply now on the site below, or call 877.220.5627, to speak with a Waste Management recruiter today!
Equal Opportunity Employer Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran