Why work for Waste Management?
STABILITY. GREAT PAY. ADVANCEMENT
Do you love working on machines? Do you want to work with the latest technologies and modern practices? Are you looking to build your career? Apply today to join the Waste Management family. As a plant maintenance technician assistant, you’ll be trained to provide superior maintenance on various material recovery equipment. You’ll work independently on equipment that requires a high level of skill: hydraulics, electrical and diagnostics. You’ll troubleshoot, repair and rebuild major components on vehicles and equipment. Best of all, Waste Management recognizes employees for hard work through competitive pay, great benefits, rewards and opportunities for growth.
Why should you apply? We invest in you!
• Competitive Pay
• Relocation assistance available
• Industry-leading health insurance
• Yearly boot allowance, uniforms, safety vests and protective eye wear
• Paid vacation after 90 days
• 401(K) with Company Match
• Employee Stock Purchase Program
• Employee Discount programs
• An opportunity to work with an empowering workforce and career advancement
***Day Shift position – 6am – 2:30pm*** Will work under Sr Tech to learn and grow/develop into Technician.
About the Job The Plant Maintenance Technician Assistant works under direct and performs limited preventive maintenance assignments, completes minor repairs and assists in major repairs.
What Does It Take to Be a Plant Maintenance Technician Assistant?
• Must be at least 18 years of age
• Legally eligible to work in the United States.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills or Abilities
• Have knowledge of single and three phase electrical systems.
• Have knowledge of electrical control systems.
• Have knowledge of hydraulic systems.
• Have knowledge of pneumatic systems, including air compressors.
• Safely operates tools and equipment needed during the repair and servicing of equipment.
• Diagnose defects and repair a variety of equipment and vehicles.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
• Performs repairs in accordance with Waste Management Safety and Life Critical Rules and OSHA. (Occupational and Safety Health Act) requirements.
• Performs minor repairs and assigned preventive maintenance services. Ensures all plant equipment is functioning properly.
• Assist Technicians in the adjustments, repair or replacement of all fixed and rolling stock equipment including but not limited to balers, conveyor belts, gearboxes, electrical motors, machine shafts, rollers, and bearings.
• Performs other maintenance and project related work as required.
• Maintain a clean, safe work area in compliance with Corporate / OSHA Standards. Performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures.
• Requires a flexible work schedule, which may include nights and weekends to support operating schedule and the needs of the facility.
Work Environment / Physical Demands Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
• Required to use motor coordination with arms, hands, fingers, and legs.
• Required to engage in physical activity that includes pushing, pulling, bending and lifting objects more than 50 pounds.
• Required to work from ladders or raised platforms.
• Required to stand or work on concrete floors most of the work day.
• Will be exposed to a physical environment, which involves dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes or similar elements most of the workday.
• Normal setting for this job is material recycle facilities, repair/maintenance facility, outdoors or other facilities.
Note: The level of physical effort may vary from site to site and in some cases be greater or lesser than documented here.
About our Benefits At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short-Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
Please apply now on the site below, or call 877.220.5627, to speak with a Waste Management recruiter today!
Equal Opportunity Employer Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran