As a Goodyear Commercial Tire & Service Centers Retread Technician you will perform retreading functions for light and medium truck, bus and specialty tires. This position functions in a manufacturing environment at a Goodyear Commercial Tire & Service Center's Commercial Tire facility where commercial truck tires are retreaded through a series of manual and automated processes. Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Inspecting and buffing tire carcasses for retreading.
- Applying rubber compounds to retread the tire.
- Curing retreaded tires.
- Quality control of finished product.
- Scanning tires in at each retread step to ensure accuracy of where each tire is currently located.
- Observing and complying with all safety and liability guidelines and policies.
- Using protective safety equipment to ensure safe operation of machines.
- Any other duties requested by management.
- High School Diploma or GED preferred.
- Previous experience in a manufacturing preferred.
- Must be willing to follow all safety procedures and work in a safe manner.
- Must be able to work in a results-oriented, fast-paced environment as part of a team.
- Must be goal oriented and able to consistently meet quality and production requirements.
- Must possess a mechanical aptitude.
- Some shift work and/or work on Saturdays may be required.
- Must be able to pass a physical exam and drug test (hair-based).