A Commercial Service Technician is accountable for properly and safely performing the tire and related services needed for all commercial tire users. Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
• Dismounting and mounting any type of tire on drop center, semi-drop center and multi-piece rims to service customer's needs as deemed safe by company policy.
• Match mounting, match mating dual assemblies, and radial runout as necessary.
• Inflating of tires to prescribed PSI per load requirements.
• Cleaning and maintaining service equipment.
• Performing roadside service calls on a continuous basis.
• Determining repairable tire conditions and making such repairs.
• Removing tires for retreading or repair as needed.
• Properly executing required billing documents (accurate and legible) then submitting to management.
• Exercising proper maintenance of assigned Service Vehicle including appearance as on-board service equipment.
• Complying with DOT regulations including driver's license for class of truck operated.
• Following all driving rules.
• Complying with OSHA regulations and safety requirements.
• Wearing proper PPE, using cages, and following all other safety policies and procedures.
• High School or GED preferred
• At least 3 months of relevant service experience is preferred.
• Must have a valid driver's license and meet commercial driver qualification requirements, including being at least 21 years of age.
• Must be able to work in a results-oriented, fast-paced environment as part of a team.
• Must be self-starter and willing to take the initiative, able and willing to work without direct supervision.
• Willing to follow all safety procedures and work in a safe manner.
• Must be willing to perform service calls on nights and/or weekends on a rotating basis.
• Good oral and written communication ability.
Equal opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected veteran/Disabled