Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects.
I. Job Summary
Performs minor repairs, limited preventative maintenance tasks, and troubleshooting on a wide variety of equipment (Trucks and Yellow Iron).
II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
• Performs minor repairs and assigned preventative maintenance services, as needed, on equipment (including, but not limited to, bulldozers, scrapers, backhoes, front end loaders, yard trucks, farm tractors, forklifts, and company cars).
• Diagnoses and repairs differentials, hydraulic systems, motors, transmissions, drives, air conditioning systems, and electrical systems.
• Performs tasks per preventative maintenance checklist and in accordance with established safety procedures.
• Completes records such as work orders, card files, P.M. checklists, and oil samples.
• Assists with servicing and maintaining other equipment such as light plants, water pump, welders, etc.
• Reference site-specific procedures and more detailed site-specific job descriptions.
• Maintains a clean, safe work area in compliance with Corporate / OSHA Standards.
• Performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures.
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
This job has no supervisory duties.
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
• Must be at least 18 years of age
• Legally eligible to work in the United States.
• Ability to perform physical requirements of the position with or without reasonable accommodations.
• Successfully complete and pass pre-employment drug screen and physical.
A. Education and Experience
• Education: Not required
• Experience: No previous experience required
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
• Required: Valid driver’s license and must have a clean driving record.
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
• None required
V. Work Environment
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
• Required to use motor coordination with finger dexterity (such as keyboarding, machine operation, etc.) most of the work day;
• Required to exert physical effort in handling objects less than __ pounds occasionally;
• Required to be exposed to physical occupational risks (such as cuts, burns, exposure to toxic or caustic chemicals, etc.) frequently
• Required to be exposed to physical environment which involves dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes or similar elements frequently
Normal setting for this job is: Heavy Equipment maintenance shop / Hazardous Waste Landfill; repair/maintenance shop.
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
Please apply now on the site below, or call 877.220.5627, to speak with a Waste Management recruiter today!
Equal Opportunity Employer Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran