Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Why work for Waste Management?
STABILITY. GREAT PAY. ADVANCEMENT.
Take the next step and put your high level of skill - hydraulics, electrical, diagnostics - to good use with modern maintenance practices and technologies on our Yellow Iron equipment. We care about our Mechanic’s safety and show it by demanding solid safety practices of all our mechanics and managers. You'll be rewarded for your skills and ability as well as provided with opportunities for growth. Check us out, WM may be the company for you.
Why should you apply? We invest in you!
• $2,500 Sign-On Bonus
• Great Pay (based on experience)
• Industry-leading health insurance
• Yearly tool allowance, boot allowance, uniforms, and PPE for mechanics
• Paid vacation after 90 days
• Non flat-rate shops
• 401(K) + company match
• Employee Stock Purchase Program
• Employee Discount programs
• An opportunity to work with an empowering workforce and career advancement
About the Job
Performs complex preventative maintenance tasks, and troubleshoots and repairs a wide variety of equipment (Trucks and Yellow Iron).
What Does It Take to be a Heavy Equipment Mechanic at WM?
Below are the minimum qualifications to be a fit as a Heavy Equipment Mechanic.
• Experience: One year of prior Heavy Equipment diesel maintenance experience.
• Valid Driver's License and must have a clean driving record.
• Must be at least 18 years of age.
• Legally eligible to work in the United States.
• Ability to perform physical requirements of the position with or without reasonable accommodations.
• Successfully complete and pass pre-employment drug screen and physical.
• Skill in operating tools equipment, parts and procedures utilized during the repair and servicing of vehicles and equipment, skill in repair of special purpose equipment, ability to effectively communicate needed repairs or tasks, ability to diagnose defects in and repair a variety of equipment and vehicles, ability to utilize fleet maintenance software program, and knowledge of Total Tire Maintenance Program may be required.
What You'll Do
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
• Repairs as needed equipment (including, but not limited to, bulldozers, scrapers, backhoes, front end loaders, yard trucks, farm tractors, forklifts, and company cars).
• Diagnoses and repairs differentials, hydraulic systems, motors, transmissions, drives, air conditioning systems, and electrical systems.
• Performs tasks per preventative maintenance checklist.
• Completes records such as work orders, card files, P.M. checklists, and oil samples.
• Services and maintains other equipment such as light plants, water pump, welders, and other equipment.
• Reference site-specific procedures and more detailed site-specific job descriptions.
• Performing other duties as assigned.
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Normal setting for this job is: office setting and/or landfill/outdoor.
About our Benefits
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
Please apply now on the site below, or call 877.220.5627, to speak with a Waste Management recruiter today!
Equal Opportunity Employer Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran