Why work for Waste Management?
STABILITY. GREAT PAY. ADVANCEMENT
Do you love working on machines? Do you want to work with the latest technologies and modern practices? Are you looking to build your career? Apply today to join the Waste Management family. As a technician, you’ll be trained to provide superior maintenance on various material recovery equipment. You’ll work independently on equipment that requires a high level of skill: hydraulics, electrical and diagnostics. You’ll troubleshoot, repair and rebuild major components on vehicles and equipment. Best of all, Waste Management recognizes employees for hard work through competitive pay, great benefits, rewards and opportunities for growth.
***Hours: Friday, Saturday and Sunday - 6:00pm - 6:30am*****
Why should you apply? We invest in you!
• Competitive Pay
• $5,000 Sign-on Bonus
• Relocation assistance available
• Industry-leading health insurance
• Yearly boot allowance, uniforms, safety vests and protective eye wear
• Paid vacation after 90 days
• Non flat-rate shops
• 401(K) with Company Match
• Employee Stock Purchase Program
• Employee Discount programs
• An opportunity to work with an empowering workforce and career advancement
About the Job
The Plant Maintenance Technician is responsible for monitoring and maintaining the operation of all plant systems and equipment. Including but not limited to balers, conveyor belts, gearboxes, electrical motors, pulleys, shafts and bearings. This position must respond to all system failures by taking appropriate corrective action by completing or assigning the repairs needed to ensure that systems are operational and are functioning safely and efficiently. This position generally reports to the Plant Maintenance Manager.
What Does It Take to Be a Plant Maintenance Technician?
Below are the minimum qualifications to be a fit for this job.
• Two (2) years of relevant work experience.
• Must be at least 18 years of age
• Legally eligible to work in the United States.
• Ability to perform physical requirements of the position with or without reasonable accommodations.
• Proficient in welding and fabrication.
• Have knowledge of single and three phase electrical systems.
• Have knowledge of electrical control systems.
• Have knowledge of hydraulic systems.
• Have knowledge of pneumatic systems, including air compressors.
• Safely operates tools and equipment needed during the repair and servicing of equipment.
• Diagnose defects and repair a variety of equipment.
To be successful as a Plant Maintenance Technician, you'll be expected to perform the following tasks:
• Performs repairs in accordance with Waste Management Safety and Life Critical Rules and OSHA. (Occupational and Safety Health Act) requirements.
• Performs preventive maintenance inspection (PM); diagnose, repair, and rebuild major equipment/components including but not limited to balers, conveyors, hydraulic power packs, eddy currents, electro-magnetic belts, optical sorters, diverters, compressors, trash compactors, motors, glass breakers, wire tie systems, fans, pumps, forklifts, front-end loaders and building equipment.
• Maintains DEI (Daily Equipment Inspections) backlog.
• Establishes and adjusts work procedures to meet production schedules and advises Sr. Plant Maintenance Manager if additional work is needed or cannot be completed within the Standard Repair Times (SRTs).
• Inspects the quality of third-party repairs and or rebuilds.
• Recommends measures to improve production, equipment performance and product quality
• Ability to multi-task and manage multiple priorities.
• Performs service calls for emergency breakdowns.
• Ability to perform under limited supervision.
• Requires a flexible work schedule, which may include nights and weekends to support operating schedule and the needs of the facility.
• Maintains a clean, safe work area in compliance with Corporate/OSHA Standards, and performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures
Work Environment / Physical Demands
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
• Required to use motor coordination with arms, hands, fingers, and legs.
• Required to engage in physical activity that includes pushing, pulling, bending and lifting objects more than 30 pounds.
• Required to work from ladders or raised platforms.
• Required to stand or work on concrete floors most of the work day.
• Will be exposed to a physical environment, which involves dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes or similar elements most of the workday.
• Normal setting for this job is material recycle facilities, repair/maintenance facility, outdoors or other facilities.
Note: The level of physical effort may vary from site to site and in some cases be greater or lesser than documented here.
About our Benefits
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short-Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
Please apply now on the site below, or call 877.220.5627, to speak with a Waste Management recruiter today!
Equal Opportunity Employer Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran