Why Wrench for Waste Management?
STABILITY. GREAT PAY. ADVANCEMENT.
If so, Waste Management may have an opportunity for you as a Diesel Mechanic Assistant in our Mechanic / Technician Apprentice Program (TAP). The Mechanic / Technician Apprentice Program (TAP) is a Waste Management initiative designed to take junior level mechanics and develop them as professional mechanics for a fleet maintenance career track within Waste Management. Besides part time and full-time employment opportunities and a training program, the candidate may receive tools as a part of the program.
The ideal candidate is someone with a trade school background or junior level maintenance background.
Why should you apply? We invest in you!
• Tuition Loan Assistance
• Yearly tool allowance, boot allowance, uniforms, safety vests and protective eye wear
• Non flat-rate shops
• An opportunity to work with an empowering workforce and career advancement
***This is a 2nd shift, part-time position***
About the Job Works under direct supervision and follows established procedures to accomplish assigned tasks. Performs minor repairs and limited preventive maintenance (PM) on assigned equipment.
What's the Shop Like?
This shop is modern, clean, and organized! This shop focuses on delivering a high rate of efficiency. Our mechanics achieve this high level of efficiency due to the collaborative environment they’ve created that focuses on sharing best practices. If you're looking for a great team environment, this is it.
What Does it Take to Be a Mechanic Apprentice?
Below are the minimum qualifications to be a fit for this role.
• No prior work experience or education is required
• Valid driver’s license and must have a clean driving record.
• Must be at least 18 years of age
• Legally eligible to work in the United States.
• Ability to perform physical requirements of the position with or without reasonable accommodations.
What You’ll Do To be successful as a Diesel Mechanic / Technician Apprentice, you'll be expected to perform the following tasks:
• Performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures.
• Performs minor repairs and assigned preventive maintenance services.
• Completes required paperwork utilizing fleet maintenance software program associated with repairing vehicles, documenting parts usage, and accounting for repair times.
• Assists in the repair and adjustment of equipment.
• Washes vehicles and equipment.
• Conducts safety checks on vehicles.
• Assists senior mechanics in the completion of project work.
• Assists with service calls for breakdowns.
• Performs other maintenance related work as required.
• Maintains a clean, safe work area in compliance with Corporate / OSHA Standards.
Safety and our Work Environment
Safety is a core value at Waste Management and we have zero tolerance for unsafe actions or conditions. We strive to maintain a clean, safe work area in compliance with Corporate/OSHA Standards, and perform all work in accordance with established safety procedures. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
• Required to use motor coordination with finger dexterity (such as keyboarding, machine operation, etc.) most of the workday
• You'll handle objects less than 30 pounds most of the workday
About our Benefits
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive 3 Weeks Paid Time Off, Holidays, and Personal Days.
Please apply now on the site below, or call 877.220.5627, to speak with a Waste Management recruiter today!
Equal Opportunity Employer Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran