Why work for Waste Management?
STABILITY. GREAT PAY. ADVANCEMENT.
Would you like a flexible work schedule that includes 4 days on and 3 days off?
Why should you apply? We invest in you!
• Great Pay ($28/hr + based on experience) + $3,000 sign on bonus!
• 4 day work week available!
• Industry-leading health insurance
• Yearly tool allowance, boot allowance, uniforms, safety vests and protective eye wear for mechanics
• Paid vacation after 90 days & holiday pay
• Non flat-rate shops
• 401(K) + company match
• Employee Stock Purchase Program
• Employee Discount programs
• An opportunity for career advancement within the field and organization management
• Occasional lunch and dinner provided for the team
• Online training available to advance your knowledge and career
• Paid DOT certification
• New assets added into fleet annually
2nd shift: 3:00 PM - 1:00 AM
4 days on – 3 days off
Take the next step and put your high level of skill - hydraulics, electrical, diagnostics - to good use with modern maintenance practices and technologies. We care about our Mechanic’s safety and show it by demanding solid safety practices of all our mechanics and managers. You'll be rewarded for your skills and ability as well as provided with opportunities for growth. Check us out, WM may be the company for you.
About the Job
Our Mechanics are trained to provide superior maintenance on both diesel equipment and on our growing fleet of CNG trucks. As a Senior Diesel Mechanic, you'll perform preventive maintenance inspection (PMI), troubleshoot, repair, and rebuild major components on vehicles and equipment. You’ll work independently on equipment that requires a high level of skill with hydraulics, electrical, and diagnostics.
What Does It Take to Be a Mechanic?
Below are the minimum qualifications to be a fit for this job.
• Four (4) years of relevant work experience.
• Must be at least 18 years of age
• Valid driver’s license and must have a clean driving record.
• Legally eligible to work in the United States.
• Ability to perform physical requirements of the position with or without reasonable accommodations.
What's the Shop Like?
This shop is modern, clean, and organized! This shop participates in a mounted wheel program and focuses on delivering a high rate of efficiency. Our mechanics achieve this high level of efficiency due to the collaborative environment they’ve created that focuses on sharing best practices. If you're looking for a great team environment, this is it.
To be successful as a Senior Diesel Mechanic, you'll be expected to perform the following tasks:
• Maintain a clean, safe work area in compliance with Corporate/OSHA Standards, and performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures.
• Perform preventive maintenance inspections and effectively repair of any problems identified during an inspection.
• Perform proficient inspection, diagnosis and moderately complex repair of assigned vehicles and equipment.
• Provide assistance, guidance and direction to other maintenance personnel.
• Use vehicle computer electronics systems to interpret failure modes to initiate or assign repairs.
• Estimate time and material costs on repairs and requisitions new parts.
• Advise supervisor immediately if additional work is needed or if repairs cannot be completed within the Standard Repair Times (SRTs).
• Inspect the quality of outside/supplier repairs and or rebuilds. Assesses structural damage and assigns needed repairs utilizing the most appropriate method(s).
• Perform service calls for emergency breakdowns.
• Conduct safety checks on vehicles. Performs maintenance related work as required.
• As a mechanic you'll, at times, supervise maintenance duties in the absence of your manager.
Work Environment / Physical Demands
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
• Required to use motor coordination with finger dexterity (such as keyboarding, machine operation, etc.) most of the work day
• You'll handle objects less than 30 pounds most of the work day
• You'll be exposed to physical occupational risks (such as cuts, burns, exposure to toxic chemicals, etc.) often
• You'll be exposed to physical environment which involves dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes or similar elements often
About our Benefits
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
Please apply now on the site below, or call 877.220.5627, to speak with a Waste Management recruiter today!
Equal Opportunity Employer Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran