Why work for Waste Management?
STABILITY. GREAT PAY. ADVANCEMENT
Take the next step and put your high level of skill - hydraulics, electrical, diagnostics - to good use with modern maintenance practices and technologies. We care about our Mechanic’s safety and show it by demanding solid safety practices of all our mechanics and managers. You'll be rewarded for your skills and ability as well as provided with opportunities for growth. Check us out, WM may be the company for you.
Why should you apply? We invest in you!
- Yearly tool allowance
- Boot allowance
- Uniforms, safety vests and protective eye wear
- Industry-leading health insurance
- Paid vacation after 90 days
- Non flat-rate shops
- 401k + Company Match
- An opportunity to work with an empowering workforce and career advancement
About the Job
Our Mechanics are trained to provide superior maintenance diesel trucks. As an experienced Mechanic, you'll perform preventive maintenance inspection (PMI), troubleshoot, repair, and rebuild major components on vehicles and equipment. You’ll work independently on equipment that requires a high level of skill with hydraulics, electrical, and diagnostics.
What Does It Take to Be an Experienced Mechanic?
Below are the minimum qualifications to be a fit for this job.
Must be at least 18 years of age
- Valid driver’s license and must have a clean driving record.
- Legally eligible to work in the United States
- 2+ years of related experience
- Ability to perform physical requirements of the position with or without reasonable accommodations.
What You'll Do
To be successful as an Experienced Mechanic, you'll be expected to perform the following tasks:
- Performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures.
- Performs all levels of repairs and assigned preventive maintenance services with a high degree of professionalism and technical knowledge
- Troubleshoots and repairs complex vehicle systems using Manufacturer software , printed schematics
- Strong knowledge of vehicle electrical systems
- Experience in vehicle Hydraulic systems
- Strong Troubleshooting skills
- Able to work with minimal supervision at times
- Strong diagnostic knowledge of diesel emissions systems to include both DPF and SCR technologies
- Welding ability a strong plus
- Familiar with all aspects of vehicle braking systems to include Air systems and foundation components of both Air Drum and air disc brakes
- Familiar with all aspects of vehicle Steering components and systems
- Familiar with all aspects of vehicle HVAC systems
- Familiar with all aspects of truck suspension systems
- Motivated to advance in level of responsibility and skill
- Completes required paperwork utilizing fleet maintenance software program associated with repairing vehicles, documenting parts usage, and accounting for repair times.
- Assists in coaching and developing less experienced personnel in the repair and Maintenance of vehicles and shop equipment.
- Conducts safety checks on vehicles and shop equipment.
- Performs service calls for breakdowns.
- Performs any and all maintenance related work and assigned tasks as required.
- Displays a high level of personal accountability
- Maintains a clean, safe work area in compliance with Corporate / OSHA Standards.
Work Environment / Physical Demands
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Required to use motor coordination with finger dexterity (such as keyboarding, machine operation, etc.) most of the work day
- You'll handle objects less than 30 pounds most of the work day
- You'll be exposed to physical occupational risks (such as cuts, burns, exposure to toxic chemicals, etc.) often
- You'll be exposed to physical environment which involves dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes or similar elements often
About our Benefits
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
Please apply now on the site below, or call 877.220.5627, to speak with a Waste Management recruiter today!
Equal Opportunity Employer Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran